• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softbuff cutting pad backing came off - ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softbuff cutting pad backing came off - ugh

I bought a burgundy pad a couple months ago. I used it for the second time today and when I pulled it off to switch to the yellow Softbuff, the white backing part came completely off and stayed on the PC.

I know I read something about this before but can find the threads with the link. I'm thinking that this was an old problem but the design was updated or something.

So, has anyone found a glue that will work to put the velcro backing part securely back onto the pad? It's like new, I hate to toss it.
    2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Re: Softbuff cutting pad backing came off - ugh

Originally posted by OBSSEST View Post
    So, has anyone found a glue that will work to put the velcro backing part securely back onto the pad? It's like new, I hate to toss it.
    Have you tryed the glue used to fix shoes ? Its like some sort of Silicone but stronger.

Next time dont pull it off from the edge, try to put your hand between the pad and your PC and make some even pressure pulling down the pad. So that the pressure doesnt go to the edge of the pad but to the hole center of it.

Regards.

Ryan
    Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
    Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
    Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Re: Softbuff cutting pad backing came off - ugh

Contact customer care and they should be able to replace it for you.

Also, when you remove the pads, do you just grab the pad and yank?

It helps extend the life of the pads if you grab the edge of the backing and slowly pull it off by the backing, rather than by the foam. Just a friendly tip for future reference

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');