• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel Wells Shining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Wells Shining?

Does anyone have a good suggestions on what to spray on their wells after done cleaning. I usually clean with bug and tar remover then once it is dry i sray with WD-40 which keeps most of the dirt off for weeks. I want to try something else that will last.

Re: Wheel Wells Shining?

Originally posted by GlossBoss View Post
    Does anyone have a good suggestions on what to spray on their wells after done cleaning. I usually clean with bug and tar remover then once it is dry i sray with WD-40 which keeps most of the dirt off for weeks. I want to try something else that will last.
    Interesting! This is a use of WD-40 that I have not come across before. You should send this in to the WD-40 folks and suggest they add it to their 2K+ uses of WD-40.

Personally, I have been using Stoner Trim Shine on the wheel wells of my S2K, but I don't know if it will last longer than your WD-40. My guess is that most folks here on MOL use Hyper Dressing on their wheel wells, but it is water-based.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Do you think Hyper Dressing has the bite of the WD-40 and would stick that well. THe WD-40 keeps them clean for about a month unless i go thru some crazy mud.

Comment

ya use hyper dressing like 1-1,1-2 works great!!!

Comment

THX enzo

Comment

All Season Dressing, Hyperdressing, or M40 will work great.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I like All Season dressing for the wheel wells.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

HD diluted 3:1 for the wheel wells = perfect

Comment

I have great sucess with the Hot Shine, goes on fast and lasts a few car washes
                  Having a black car is not a hobby, its a full time job!

Comment

I'd agree with HD at 3:1. Just spray on and leave. Probably less expensive then WD40. WD40 might last longer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmerc2003 View Post
                      I have great sucess with the Hot Shine, goes on fast and lasts a few car washes
                      Same here
                      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I use Hyper Dressing. I just wash the wheel wells if there is excess amount of dirt, let them dry as im drying the rest of the truck, then just spray HD in there and let it self dry.

Comment

Hyper Dressing is the perfect product for this job. HD tends to spread out and saturate on its own - no need to wipe or spread - just spray and go.

Obviously since HD is water based it won't last if you get any rain, but for normal upkeep it is the best product I have tried to date for spraying wheel wells.

Comment

I always use M40 and love the results. Gives a good shine but not an overdone look. Downside is it won't last long in bad weather. Good thing it's available by the gallon

Comment

Are any of these dressings at all detrimental to the brake rotors/pads,springs,coils,etc.?

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');