• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Detailing for Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Detailing for Dummies

I would like to know the correct way to use the degreaser & dresser. Please help me.

Thanks!

Re: Engine Detailing for Dummies

My method is to just spray the entire engine compartment with degreaser, diluted to product specs. and let sit for a few minutes to work. Then power wash off and repeat if needed. All forums teach to cover any sensitive parts (alternator, fuse box, intake, etc) with aluminum foil or plastic bags to protect them from water. I personally don't do this and have never had an issue, but I always pay attention around these parts, especially the intake, and spray as lightly as possible.

I use a water based silicone dressing. After the car is parked in the detailing bay I spray the engine down with the dressing and let it sit for about 30min. This allows the dressing to "soak" into the plastic and rubber pieces. I then wipe off the excess product for a clean "like new" engine bay rather than a "looks dressed" engine bay.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');