• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know what is excess product??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know what is excess product??

After applying tire shine products (I usually use endurance gel or nxt tire coating) how do u know what is excess product? I always wipe the grooves and one wipe around the tire. Should I wipe till the tire is dry?

Re: How do you know what is excess product??

What I usually do is this. After applying tire shine products I wait around 20 minutes. Then I take a clean tire foam applicator and remove any excess product. I have never had a product sling issue since I have been doing it this way.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I agree. Coming back with another towel or applicator to wipe of the excess is something I like to do with all tire products. Not only does it prevent sling but it really evens out the appearance over the whole tire.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

i have totoally agree with J.A. And Brian...and especially what Brian said how it "evens out the appearance over the whole tire"..it really does
        Addicted

Comment

i notice though when i wipe the tire streaks form

Comment

I dab with an old terry.... kind of press lightly and hold for a sec, then move on.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I put it on in the evening and leave it overnight. It all is absorbed or evaporates by morning, and the tires are nice and even..no streaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
                I agree. Coming back with another towel or applicator to wipe of the excess is something I like to do with all tire products. Not only does it prevent sling but it really evens out the appearance over the whole tire.
                I can't agree with this enough!

I have a bright yellow Corvette and took it out for a ride tight after a spectacular detail job that I performed. When I stopped and got out I had black lines all over the sides of the car and yes; it was tire dressing in excess.
                BobbyG

Comment

I put my tire product into an old "eyeglass liquid" cleaner bottle that my optometrist sells for cleaning glasses. It puts out a super fine mist of product. You can also pick up a utility sprayer with an adjustable head and use that.

With an old and malleable piece of cardboard, I drape the cardboard over the top of the tire and down to the garage floor on both sides to prevent over spray.

This allows me to "stand away" from the tire and apply a super fine mist to the tire. I find it helps prevent runs, etc. It also allows spraying outside of the garage on windy days.

OR, you can just let it sit until the next day if you have as much time as I . Somehow it magically evens out in both texture and gloss; that is unless you've really used the Gorilla method of over soaking things and creating a total mess.

If you have only one or two vehicles to tend to you might try this also. I cut a piece of stiff cardboard the precise size of my wheel. I taped the top of an old aerosol can upside down as a handle using double sided tape. Once I've gotten the overspray cardboard in place, I place the circular template precisely over my wheel. It's an acquired skill, but it allows for very even coverage and also no wasted hours re waxing and cleaning up my wheels.
                  "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
                  BOB

Comment

I would start with the tire foam let it sit for and hour. THen hot shine spray and let the car sit for an hour or so, I never wipe the tire i usually have to wipe excess product of the rim.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');