• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratches are coming back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches are coming back!!!

I am having issues with the same scratches coming back after a few washes. I mean, everything looks like pure perfection until after a few washes. Whats my problem here?

Re: Scratches are coming back!!!

can you elaborate on your washing techniques..do you use two buckets ? do you use grit gaurds ? do you use a microfiber wash mitt ? do you use the proper amount of soap? do you constantly scrub the same area ? sorry for all the questions...but thats how we can better help solve your problem
    Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by levorn10 View Post
      I am having issues with the same scratches coming back after a few washes. I mean, everything looks like pure perfection until after a few washes. Whats my problem here?
      I would like to recommend you to watch this video. Was really helpful to me. Maybe it can be helpful to you.

Also. What are you using to dry your car? Do you have a Microfiber Chamois or a Meguiar's Water Magnet drying towel? Make sure you dont overpass the same are with the mitt more than one time as it may scrub the dirt agains the paint and make the Scratchs come back, but New ones!.

Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
      Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
      Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

And just as importantly, what are you doing to remove swirls? What products/techniques have you been using for that?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

There are a few possible situations here.

1. You're introducing new scratches or swirls because of improper washing technique.

2. You polish the paint until it looks perfect, but actually don't remove the swirls enough and only appear gone.

or

3. You're using a wax like NXT 2.0 which hides imperfections until you wash the car enough and they re-appear.
          2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
          2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

It is possible that what you are noticing is the wax wearing off and the swirls which were filled in by the wax is now becoming obvious again. The scratches need to be permanently removed by either wetsanding/compounding/polishing depending on how deep the scratch is.

Hope this helps.
            Detailing blog: prodetailing.blogspot.com
            Everything else: theseech.blogspot.com

Comment

We really need to know your washing technique and what steps you are taking to remove the scratches/swirls.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Well, usually I use M205 then NXT 2.0 to finish. Everything looks so perfect usually after the M205. I just dont understand what happens after a few washes. I mean, the same scratches have come back! I am using a DA during this process. I have been thinking that maybe I need to move to a rotary...

Comment

Well, usually I use M205 then NXT 2.0 to finish. Everything looks so perfect usually after the M205. I just dont understand what happens after a few washes. I mean, the same scratches have come back! I am using a DA during this process. I have been thinking that maybe I need to move to a rotary...
                  If its the same scratches then I would suspect that the scratches have not been removed before waxing. Do you use a halogen lamp while polishing with M205? The swirls might not be that obvious without one.
                  Detailing blog: prodetailing.blogspot.com
                  Everything else: theseech.blogspot.com

Comment

You may just need a stronger cleaner, like #105 to remove them, not all the way to a rotary.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

can we have a pic?
                      pls
                      it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

Can you elaborate on your choice of products to remove the defects.
                        Please tell what pad are you using, what speed is dialed in the DA.

Maybe if you can post some pictures for us to see how severe are the defects (better to take them in the sun)

Comment

Here's what I would suggest, on a panel with the scratches, polish with 205 like you normally would until it looks good, then do an isopropyl alcohol wipe down on the panel and in good lighting inspect. That's going to tell if you were just covering them up or actually removing them. If they are still there, then you need to change your polishing method to remove the scratches. If you actually removed them and they are coming back, then I'd say it's in your washing/drying techniques.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                            Here's what I would suggest, on a panel with the scratches, polish with 205 like you normally would until it looks good, then do an isopropyl alcohol wipe down on the panel and in good lighting inspect. That's going to tell if you were just covering them up or actually removing them. If they are still there, then you need to change your polishing method to remove the scratches. If you actually removed them and they are coming back, then I'd say it's in your washing/drying techniques.

Tom
                            x2

205 has a ton of oils in it that are left behind after polishing, your paint will look super deep and wet until these oils wash away. The alcohol wipe down is a requirement with 205 so you can see exactly where you are in terms of polishing.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');