• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Hyper Dressing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Hyper Dressing..

I finally got around to washing the new car.. 2007 CX-9. It needs A LOT more attention than I could give it today, but I did what I could.

Rinsed it off
    Washing with GC cash wash, using two bucket method
    did the wheels/tires/wheel wells first (wheel wells and tires with APC+)

After I washed and dried the car, I went back and used Hyper Dressing for the first time. I sprayed it into the wheel well first, but it seemed to run everywhere and it stayed white-ish in color. I wasn't sure if I was doing right, so for the rest of the detail on the black plastic trim I just sprayed the HD on a SS micro fiber and wiped it on.

So, what's the correct way to apply HD? It didn't seem to work by just spraying it on.. unless I didn't have the nozzle set to "mist" enough..
    www.reflectionsautodetailing.biz

Re: Question about Hyper Dressing..

For wheels wells, just spray and walk away. Come back say 20mins, product will already be absorbed and spread. Semi mist on the trigger to cover more area on the wheel wells.

For exterior plastics, spray it on an applicator, apply to the target area using the applicator, then again leave it for a few minutes. After that, wipe of excess; some people prefer to leave it like that w/o wiping excess off.

Hope that helps.

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

As Tim Said spray it on the wheel wells and you're good to go, no more attention needed.

Exterior plastics I use an applicator pad or a microfiber to apply it. I normally don't wipe off excess, I'll just use a lower dilution if I don't want it too shiny, but its your preference.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

For the wheel wells, I love using HD (I use it 3:1). Since you are using it in there (I consider it throw away product for that use), it's economical and one gallon will go a looong way, so it's not much of an issue for me (rather than if you were to use it straight). I turn the spray nozzle on the fine mist (it will cling better, rather than just spraying it wide open and having it drip everywhere) and spray in the wells and it does a good job getting into all the areas and I walk away and let it dry on it's own (you could come back and wipe it, but at that dilution IME it's not needed and dries pretty evenly). I do this step first as well as dressing the tires, and then continue on and QD or apply a spray wax around the car while it dries.

Comment

you just need to let it dry, nothing more..it does tend to take a little while to dry and stay white for a while, but no worries, it will dry on its own
          Addicted

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');