• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove scratches from windows?? diamondite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove scratches from windows?? diamondite?

i have a 2008 evo x mr i took my car to a detailing shop and somehow this guys ruined my windows on all the car cause the glasses have like swirl marks all over i think they used wet sandpaper number 2000 or number 1500 to remove water spots,first off i tried using rubbing compund to remove them it didnt do nothing then reading some posts in here i see some of you guys have used diamondite scratch remover kit si went online bought this stuff an i also bought the rotatry polishig tool from maguires store,iam hoping that next week this things arrive and that i may be able to remove the hairline thin srcatches the windows have.

have any of you guys used this product and did it give you postive results?

thanks

Re: How to remove scratches from windows?? diamondite?

If the marks are really scratches, no way will you get them out. The detailers messed up. They need to replace the windows if indeed they are scratched.

Tom

Comment

If its glass, then cerium oxide and a rotary polisher might help.

Sorry, never used diamondite before so cant comment.

As Tom stated, if they messed it up, ask for a replacement.

ps: I like them evos.
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

BTW, just checking, have you check the neighboring site - autogeek since they endorse diamondite.
        Learning new things everyday

Comment

yep they are scrathes but you can bearly feel them with your nails

Comment

I've tried Cerium Oxide on a rotary before. What a mistake!

First, you can't do a second rate job taping things up. You have to cover everything WELL. I still have some dried cerium oxide deposit on my windshield wipers. Some even splattered on my wife's car a few feet away. Also, it only was effective in removing the smallest of the smallest of the minutest pitting.

It's 100% possible I just didn't do it right. But you read a lot of warnings about changing the window's "prescription" if you buff too much, so I didn't push it.
            -Scott

Comment

As a long time user... Cerium Oxide or Tin Oxide will definitely do it. The thing is that they are not particularly easy to compound correctly. You can get stuff flying everywhere with no or little result. Here is how it fix that... buy the powder. You will need to go to a lapidary shop in all probability or order on line. But the powder only... When you have the powder and are ready to rock and roll, go find your tin of meg's cleaning wax (paste).
              Scoop out enough wax to fill a bottle top and pop it in a smooth surface. Add about one match-head of dry powder ( a little more or less won't hurt so don't be afraid) and mix.

Now.. this is quite an aggressive compound so at no time go above about 120 RPM! Be patient and work areas twice if you need too (unlikely).
              Apply mix to pad very generously. Use a slow pad speed and a pressure of about 20lbs. This mix will bite about 0.2 mm of hard glass in about 30 secs at 600 RPM so keep the pad MOVING!
              Polish till carrier wax has hazed then come clear again. Do NOT buff off! Spray with strong dishcleaner/water solution and wipe off with a wet cloth under plenty of running water.
              Repeat same mix by HAND on areas that are imperfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.kelly View Post
                As a long time user... Cerium Oxide or Tin Oxide will definitely do it. The thing is that they are not particularly easy to compound correctly. You can get stuff flying everywhere with no or little result. Here is how it fix that... buy the powder. You will need to go to a lapidary shop in all probability or order on line. But the powder only... When you have the powder and are ready to rock and roll, go find your tin of meg's cleaning wax (paste).
                Scoop out enough wax to fill a bottle top and pop it in a smooth surface. Add about one match-head of dry powder ( a little more or less won't hurt so don't be afraid) and mix.

Now.. this is quite an aggressive compound so at no time go above about 120 RPM! Be patient and work areas twice if you need too (unlikely).
                Apply mix to pad very generously. Use a slow pad speed and a pressure of about 20lbs. This mix will bite about 0.2 mm of hard glass in about 30 secs at 600 RPM so keep the pad MOVING!
                Polish till carrier wax has hazed then come clear again. Do NOT buff off! Spray with strong dishcleaner/water solution and wipe off with a wet cloth under plenty of running water.
                thanks for the tip i will try this

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.kelly View Post

wow at last i tried this and it worked great i used cerium oxide with 3m liquid polish i combined it applied it and rubbed it off and i was so happy to see this great results thanks for the tip friend

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');