• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i get this off!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get this off!!!!!

So today i did a 2007 Dodge Ram. It was a work truck of a local bussiness owner. I kno the black stuff is TAR and the white stuff i think is paint. He just wanted a simple wash and interior detail...I gave him back the truck with the tar still there!! It wouldnt come off! I only had MILD clay which only remove like 20 outa 400 dots!!!
    Advice for nxt time???

Re: How do i get this off!!!!!

You want Body Solvent for that.
    -Kyle

Comment

Stoner Tarminator should take that tar off no problem. Possibly even the white paint as well, but I don't know that for sure. You can find Tarminator at a lot of auto parts stores.

Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

^ That and some plastic razor blades (be careful when using them) as well.

Comment

I like the Bug and Tar, Body Solvent, etc. Maybe even some #105 for remnants.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I would give the bug and tar remover a try.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Yea. Terminator looks good wit a plastic scraper! I will try that nxt time! Thanks!

Comment

I've used "Ooops! Spot Remover" from Autozone on some tar, but you have to be careful that stuff is POWERFUL.

Comment

Body Solvent or Safe Degreaser

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                  Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

As said already, Body Solvent. the key to using any bug and tar remover is to let the product dwell on the surface for as long as possible.
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Turtle's Bug and Tar is not a good choice IMO.
                      "Every moment frontin and maxin
                      Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                      "

Comment

Edited for language and bashing of another company's products.

See rules #4 and #7

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

7. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandparents, your parents or your children, then you shouldn't probably be posting to the Meguiar's Online forum.
                        Last edited by Markus Kleis; Dec 29, 2009, 04:07 PM. Reason: Rules #4 and #7

Comment

Half a cup of gasoline, a big handful of Lux soap flakes and about two gallons of warm water. mix in bucket, wash affected area. try to stay upwind...

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');