• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class or NXT 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class or NXT 2.0

Just joined MOL today and would like to poll you. I just painted my 93 Explorer last week and have only hand washed it once. I want to give it a good shine this week and will be buying either the Gold Class or the NXT 2.0 tomorrow. I've read thru many of the posts but have not made my decision yet. Would appreciate your inputs.
    Gold Class
    23.33%
    NXT 2.0
    76.67%

The poll is expired.

God bless our military folks.

Re: Gold Class or NXT 2.0

Right now its NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 for me, but the new Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax may change all that....
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Always have had a soft spot for Gold Class. It was one of the first waxes I bought when I became a Meguiars, convert.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I like NXT 2.0, but I am waiting to try the new Gold Class as well.

Comment

i use nxt 2.0 and top it off wit GC.....

Comment

I voted NXT.2, but I also have a soft spot for Gold Class. My friends LOVE what the Gold Class wax does to their cars. Honestly you can not go wrong with eather one.
            Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

I voted Gold Class. If the Ford is a dark color, definitely go GC. If it light/metallic, NXT. There is no wrong choice here.
              -Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by jaycin View Post
                Just joined MOL today and would like to poll you. I just painted my 93 Explorer last week and have only hand washed it once. I want to give it a good shine this week and will be buying either the Gold Class or the NXT 2.0 tomorrow. I've read thru many of the posts but have not made my decision yet. Would appreciate your inputs.
                Don't forget that your paint needs 30 - 90 days to gas out before applying any wax or sealant. If it just got painted last week then it is too soon to be waxing it. Just a heads up.
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I own both and think they both perform wonderfully, but would have to pick NXT over gold class. However, I would recommend either or over other consumer waxes out there.

Comment

I voted Gold Class, but use both. In fact I used both today. Gold Class on my G8 and NXT 2.0 on the wife's Trailblazer SS. Had NXT 2.0 on the G8 for most of the year. Looking forward to the new Gold Class Wax coming soon.
                    2014 Cadillac ATS4 Performance in White Diamond Tricoat. It's loaded with everything but frickin' lasers!

Comment

I didn't vote as I haven't tried the new GC.....

I like both of the waxes and use them both, like someone mentioned, use NXT and top with GC.....

I use a ton of waxes, GC/NXT/NXT 2.0/M21/M16/M26/ColorX/M66/Do Do Juice......

Edit: Although, GC looks very good on our Gold Yukon but a good claying and constant wipe off with a QD helps.....
                      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I have never tried NXT, but have used Gold Class for quite some time, and I like it cause it works very well. Applied to a well polished painted surface, the Gold Class seems to create a very deep shine on red paint.

My vote goes to Gold Class, although I can't fairly compare the two, cause I have only used Gold Class.

The Gold Class is very easy to apply, and not hard at all to remove. Gold Class makes red paint look bling bling yo.

Comment

I use NXT-2.0 from fall through until spring when I want better/longer protection, and use #26 (similar to Gold Class) throughout the summer to get deepest color and best look (or red paint).
                          2010 XRS

Comment

currently its NXT 2.0, but as soon as the new GC 2.0 comes out, I'll share my vote...

As CieraSL said, wait for the paint to gas out, before putting anything on the paint, 2-3 months would be good.. if you're not patience enough, you could use Megs approved body-shop safe products...
                            Ganesa,
                            Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                              Don't forget that your paint needs 30 - 90 days to gas out before applying any wax or sealant. If it just got painted last week then it is too soon to be waxing it. Just a heads up.
                              Please take note of this advice.......don't put anything on your paint for a good 2-3 months!!! WASHING ONLY!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');