• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Vac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Vac

Evening All,
    I am wanting to buy a wet/dry vac for a job in 4 days. What do I look for and what are the pitfalls? Also what products work best with the wet/dry vacs? I am in Australia.
    Cheers

Re: Interior Vac

You want to look at horsepower numbers, tank capacity isn't as important. The more HP it has the more lift(suction) it will have. Lift is what you're after when doing interiors as it makes it easier when extracting.

Megs APC's work great for this. Usually about 8:1 will handle anything interior wise.
    Alex C.

Comment

If you can, get a RIDGID vac. They are great vacs, you can buy a detailing kit, and they have a full lifetime warranty. When I did my research, I saw that they got much better ratings and recommendations than the Shop-Vac brand. I bought this one. I don't know about Australian retailers but they sell these at Home Depot in the states.
      -HealthyCivic
      Check out the glossary

Comment

Ridgid is a good one. I have no complaints with mine. I do keep a second filter handy though because once the filter gets real dirty/wet some suction is lost.
        Alex C.

Comment

If you can get one. Here ia another vote for a rigid shop vac. Great units.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');