• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do auto painting? - Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do auto painting? - Need some help

I've been painting parts of my Jeep on and off for several months and they've been coming out great. Everything was done with epoxy primer/sealer, two coats of urethane metallic base, and two coats of polyurethane clear. Yesterday, I was doing the biggest part (the tub/body and fenders). I got the two coats of base, and one wet coat of clear on, and then had a problem with neighbors. Simple put, I cannot paint at this location any more, and do not have another location currently.

Can another coat of clear be applied at a later time? Can the existing coat be sanded later on, and another applied, or will this cause cloudiness in the finish. Does the second coat re-flow sanding marks out of the first one, making it clear again all the way through?

Re: Anyone do auto painting? - Need some help

iT can be sanded and put a other coat of clear on it

Comment

Re: Anyone do auto painting? - Need some help

I WOULD GIVE IT A NICE LIGHT SAND WITH 800 G AND THAN 2 MORE COATS OF CLEAR. you MIGHT WANT TO MEASURE THE FILM BUILD 1ST THAN YOU WILL KNOW HOW MUCH ROOM YOU HAVE FOR CORRECTION DOWN THE ROAD.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');