• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERIOR Window Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTERIOR Window Cleaning

Hey guys, do you have any tips on cleaning the interior of windows? I have a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe and to be honest, cleaning the inside of the windows is one of the most uncomfortable things I've done. I use The Invisible Glass Reach and Clean Tool but I noticed that it's difficult to get enough pressure on the triangle to actually do serious cleaning, especially on my heavily slanted windshield.

I did effectively clean it the other day, but I also notice that there is some streaking/cloudiness. This is even after I used that tool and went back over it several (annoying) times with a regular microfiber cloth.

Any tips? Thanks.
    -HealthyCivic
    Check out the glossary

Re: INTERIOR Window Cleaning

Are you applying any cleaner as well? Or just having trouble reaching?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What kind of glass cleaner are you using? What are you using to apply and remove the glass cleaner? I have used the Detailer line glass cleaner twice now, and it gives streak free results with no effort whatsoever. I also use Tork center-pull paper towels for wiping the windows and removing the glass cleaner. I couldn't ask for better results. If you are cleaning your windows on a consistent basis, then you shouldn't have to worry about film buildup, and that Invisible Glass tool should work just fine for those hard to reach areas.

Also, try reading this thread: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1115. Hope this helps!
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Also I'd suggest a cool, out of direct sunlight place to do the windows.

Windows are the WORST! IMO.
        -James
        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Just thank your lucky stars you don't have to clean one of these honeys!!!

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
          BOB

Comment

Haha. Well yeah I use Invisible Glass cleaner. I sprayed it onto the cleaning tool because I didn't want the cleaner to get all over my car/dash board.
            -HealthyCivic
            Check out the glossary

Comment

Meguiars NXT glass cleaner works great for me, never leaves streaks.

Comment

i have an 09 SI, I know the pain he's talking about for washing the windows. I guess I deal with the contortion act that is needed to reach all the way. The worst spot is just above the speedometer!
                I might get myself one of those reach tools, but they are pricey

Comment

Use the back of your hand to move the towel around. Do that myself. Works wonders for getting those too-far-away spots. Use 2 towels for windows only. Spray the cleaner on the towel itself before wiping and then follow up with your other clean and dry window towel. Clean them when it is warm outside (does not go too well in cooler weather usually), but not in the sunlight. All I can think of at the moment.

Comment

I just recently "discovered" NXT Generation Glass Cleaner by Meguiar's and it's by far the best cleaner I've found....and I am a clean glass NUT! I prefer MF towels and doing it by hand because I can "feel" the glass and get into the corners with some pressure. Yes, I get a sore back from the twisting and turning...but the glass sparkles!
                    Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Sevy316 View Post
                      i have an 09 SI, I know the pain he's talking about for washing the windows. I guess I deal with the contortion act that is needed to reach all the way. The worst spot is just above the speedometer!
                      I might get myself one of those reach tools, but they are pricey
                      Oh yeah above the speedometer is almost impossible to maintain. I just applied some Natural Shine to the dash over there and it was pretty much inevitable to get some on the windshield too lol.
                      -HealthyCivic
                      Check out the glossary

Comment

The contortion act gets harder as you get older. trust me I know.

Dave
                        You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

The new Insight is hard to reach also. Try the back of the hand as mentioned earlier.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');