• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before and after F350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and after F350

Before

After

I used some dressing on my wifes Expedition but none on the F350. I wanted to try the Hyper dressing but didnt have any. Next order from ADS.

Heres how you do a F350 in two stages. This actually took 2 days and I closed the garage door right onto the bed carefully I worked on the cab and windows for the first day, then the next morning did the bed

Heres a couple links. I tried to crop and focus on the important part but I couldnt get my crop at full resolution. Mods please dont insert unless you can crop and focus on the important stuff

Heres the back window. Left side was cleaned with a 3" wool pad, and #4, and 2-3 passes. Right side was untouched. That window isnt actually that bad as its the slider and was replaced a year ago. The other windows are 3 years old.

Heres a good pick of the water spots I still have. Its not very visible but at the right angle you can see it and I happened to catch this just right.

Washed using Megs wash. Some purple stuff I had. I have the Gold which I will use now that its waxed
    Cleaned windows with a 3" wool pad on the G110, and megs #4. Took a few passes but it all cleaned up.
    Clayed used QD or UD and megs white clay from the kit that I had left over. Also used blue clay after white clay was used up.
    Using a yellow 2.0 pad and the G110, I polished using #83. Tried 205 but that wasnt doing it.
    Then using the black finishing pad I applied NXT wax, let dry for 20-30 minutes and wiped off.
    I cleaned up the running boards, mirrors and chrome with #66 cleaner wax. not ideal but did the job.
    All the black I did with something I had on the shelf, F1 or something.
    Inside I used Megs leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats and interior detailer for the dash, woodgrain, etc

Took alot of work but it turned out pretty good. Went to get some front tires today and I got complimented. A buddy offered me $50 to do his and I suggested he add another zero

If you click the link, you will see the water spots that still remain. I also have some other spots that are deeper and I am afraid its too deep since I can feel it with my fingernail

Re: Before and after F350

ive worked on 3 of those year f350 and i will admit i dont wanna do them again but theyre good work with alot of profit to be made... truck looks awesome. well done!
    - Markito -

Comment

Truck looks great. I did a a F250 a while back. I did it the same as you. Pulled half of it in the garage and then did the other half. It is a beast.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Truck looks great! Nice job! I did my father-in-laws f150, I had not finished but maybe 10 to 15 minutes and he took it down his gravel road to check on his beans. So much for a clean truck!
        Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Looks great...gotta love black after a full detail!
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

man big job.good work.and ive never heard of someone using a PC on windows,i might have to try that.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');