• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

water spots are really etched in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water spots are really etched in

I am using a G110, #83 and a yellow polishing pad. I think the swirls are mostly gone but I have these spots that remain. The spots look like paint flaking or chipped, and I can feel them slightly with my fingernail. Any chance of getting these out? It seems like the clearcoat is intact

06 F350

I will try to get pics but dont know if I can capture the detail

Re: water spots are really etched in

It's absolutely impossible to say without pictures, and still quite difficult even with pictures. Some etching will go down only so far and can be removed with light to aggressive polishing, and others go so deep that removing them would result in the need for a re-paint.

My gut feeling, though, is that if you can feel them with your finger they are likely quite severe.

Comment

Re: water spots are really etched in

I'll try to take some pics in the AM. Got a good camera, just dont have a macro or closeup lens.

Ever see something that has been peeling, then repainted without any sanding or prep? Thats what it looks like. It only seems to be on the hood and maybe the roof.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');