• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best combo for white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best combo for white?

Doing my first white job.2000 Toyota Tacoma paint has been pretty neglected.have not seen it yet.I am working with a PC with all pad types.Have the following products:#26,#7,UC,GC,NXT 2,Menzerna Int. polish,ColorX.I am thinking if paint is faded and in pretty bad shape:UC,MIP,wax ?.or MIP,wax?.and of course will clay first.

Re: Best combo for white?

can u post a pic of the truck? if not, always do a test spot and start w/ the least aggressive product. i would pick up a bottle of swirl x and use that before the UC.

Comment

Based purely on waxes I would say that NXT is the best for white paint.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

dont have a pic and yes i plan to do a test spot just wondering others exp.

Comment

If this isn't your vehicle, use whatever is the lowest cost to you. A blind test, or in the perspective of someone who doesn't know what products are being used, it is very hard to tell the difference between the types of waxes. That is especially true between the choices you have listed.

Comment

Use SwirlX then follow with NXT 2.0 or M21 v.2

there is a picture of a white Volkswagen gti done with this looks good.

Comment

got the truck last night have not started on it yet.and the paint is very very dull,faded,chalky.gonna do some test spots 2night.UC,colorx.nxt 2,UC,MIP,nxt 2.i hardly ever even use GC or 26 anymore,nxt 2 is my go to i think it lasts the longest has best shine and fill better than GC,although GC does have a hell of a shine but lasts a week.and also got mothers back to black last night to use on some faded black pastic pieces.anyone used that before?

Comment

I like SwirlX a bit better than ColorX but both good products.

God Bless He made us in his image and expects us to behave treat others in same way

Comment

For a one step correction or for white paint in fair condition, time after time I usually reach for #20 - Polymer Sealant . Its has some light cleaning power and looks great on lighter colors.

Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

ok first off i know this would be better w/ pics,but no camera!done today and clayed,Ultimate compound yellow sonus pad,menzerna intensive polish white pad,nxt 2 red pad.and picture white paint that you cant even see a reflection of the sun or a tv or another car in.very dull chalky.this made it look brand new,very very happy and owner will be to,picks up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by spence82 View Post
                      ok first off i know this would be better w/ pics,but no camera!done today and clayed,Ultimate compound yellow sonus pad,menzerna intensive polish white pad,nxt 2 red pad.and picture white paint that you cant even see a reflection of the sun or a tv or another car in.very dull chalky.this made it look brand new,very very happy and owner will be to,picks up tomorrow.
                      That car sounds like my passenger side door and rear quarter panel. As seen here....

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');