• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

I hope this isnt a dumb question, but is this wax best applied by hand? And what type of towel did you guys use. I was thinking of using an ultimate wipe to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffs42885 View Post
      I hope this isnt a dumb question, but is this wax best applied by hand? And what type of towel did you guys use. I was thinking of using an ultimate wipe to remove it.
      It can applied either way but I think its best applied by hand. Since its applied so thin its easy to just run the applicator over an area quickly. The wax turns to a liquid state when applying so its as easy as can be. For me, no need to break out the machine and duty up another pad just to apply.

If the paint is prepped correctly and he wax is put on thin it's not difficult to remove. I just use a MF towel to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by rob96826 View Post
        is it nornal or a bad can... did not want to open the other can
        It's normal if the tin has been in the sun. Just let it sit in a cool area or the fridge over night and I'm betting it will set up.

Comment

An ultimate wipe would be the towel of choice here.

Also, if you find the wax a bit difficult to remove, try doing one panel at a time instead of doing the whole car at once. #16 dries fast and can be removed from panel "A" before waxing panel "B".
          r. b.

Comment

I have better luck applying it with the DA, just use an applicator, spread some on the finishing pad on your DA. I can spread it more uniform and thinner with a machine than I can by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
              I have better luck applying it with the DA, just use an applicator, spread some on the finishing pad on your DA. I can spread it more uniform and thinner with a machine than I can by hand.
              I was considering that myself since #16 goes on so smooth.
              r. b.

Comment

I found ultimate wipes local. Picked up two of them!

Comment

Same seller has an outstanding deal on some Solo M86 Cut and Polish Creme. I believe 64oz for about $40 and free shipping. Check it out.
                  Brad Mower
                  SLC, UT

Comment

Originally posted by Brad777 View Post
                    Same seller has an outstanding deal on some Solo M86 Cut and Polish Creme. I believe 64oz for about $40 and free shipping. Check it out.
                    I just found out that there was an error in her ad. This is actually one-gallon (M8601). Certainly a bargain with free shipping.
                    Brad Mower
                    SLC, UT

Comment

So will Meguiars continue to make this product outside of the US that we will be able to buy via ebay or somewhere else? I just want to make sure because I am going to order some and want to make sure I get enough.

Oh, and what's the big deal with this stuff? I hear so many people talking about it. Is this like the best wax Megs makes?

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
                        Oh, and what's the big deal with this stuff? I hear so many people talking about it. Is this like the best wax Megs makes?
                        IMO, it is. It lasts ridiculously long, beads water like no other and is super easy to work with on a recently corrected/well maintained surface. It is my go to LSP on corrected paint and my LSP of choice for my own car. It can also be used as an effective winter wax or alternative to Collinite.
                        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com
                        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

It's a dang good wax and when it was discontinued, it was highly sought after as it's a good wax and harder and harder to find, even the mom and pop auto stores were drying up.

I had originally 2 cans, then bought 4 more then bought 6 more for a total of 12 tins which should last me several car contracts....I use other waxes of course but I really like M16.

You can't go wrong with it and a little goes a long long ways. A tin or two will last you a long time! I barely put a dent in the one tin I've used a few times on both of my cars. I'm giving one to my boy for his '67 Dodge D100, single stage paint, looks good on it!
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I am amazed by the M16. I've been using M26 for around five years, as well as NXT 2.0 and Gold Class. While they all give the paint a very deep and glossy reflection, they don't have the reflectivity of some of the boutique pure waxes, which I also have a few cans of.

I am surprised that the M16 matches with the Chemical Guys E-Zyme wax in terms of reflectivity!!! I was truly amazed. While some of my $150+ waxes do offer better reflectivity, M16 is not far behind, for literally less than 10% of the prices of some of the premium waxes.

I am glad I bought a lifetime supply of M16.

Here are some pictures of one layer of M16 topped over two layers NXT 2.0. I topped M26 over NXT 2.0 before but was never impressed with the result. M16 is simply amazing.

Despite the excellent result, I am not about to give up using boutique waxes by switching to M16. However M16 is an awesome product that gives boutique waxes a run for their money.

Also, I am not having any consistency issue with any of my M16 waxes! I believe shaking the can vigorously and let it settle for a few days could restore the consistency of the product somewhat.
                            If you haven't already, buy a couple of cans while you still can!!!

Comment

Well, I took your guys' advice and bought two tins. I plan on using it sparingly. Maybe, say, twice a year and I'll use NXY 2.0 in between. I usually wax my Vue once every 1 1/2 to 2 months. I had some bodywork done so I won't be able to do it until November. But, on Thanksgiving break it is getting "winterized."

I also bought some ONR so during the winter I can properly wash my car. If worst comes to worst I'll use the wand at a coin-op (water only) to blast off the majority of the salty crud and then go home and wash it.

These products are great for someone like me. I hate forking over $8 at a laser wash (the only coin-op's I would ever use) for a pitiful job. This will actually save me money AND do a better job.

Thanks for the input.

BTW, nice pics of the Infiniti !!!

Comment

Well, I took your guys' advice and bought two tins. I plan on using it sparingly. Maybe, say, twice a year and I'll use NXY 2.0 in between. I usually wax my Vue once every 1 1/2 to 2 months. I had some bodywork done so I won't be able to do it until November. But, on Thanksgiving break it is getting "winterized."

I also bought some ONR so during the winter I can properly wash my car. If worst comes to worst I'll use the wand at a coin-op (water only) to blast off the majority of the salty crud and then go home and wash it.

These products are great for someone like me. I hate forking over $8 at a laser wash (the only coin-op's I would ever use) for a pitiful job. This will actually save me money AND do a better job.

Thanks for the input.

BTW, nice pics of the Infiniti !!!

You wont regret it... it drizzled today and I was able to see the action of m16 on my car... it beaded up exactly like the picture a few pages back...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');