• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
    "I'll tell you what; as thanks for directing us towards this wonderful deal, you've got a can of M16 coming your way!"
    Thanks for the humor. I love this forum.
    Brad Mower
    SLC, UT

Comment

M16 is awesome. That is all.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

i will post some pic soon , i use it on top of 21
        proreflection
        *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Comment

Tried my one and only can out today, and I was impressed to say the least. I haven't had so much fun applying a wax since I was introduced to Meguiars back in 1989.

It doesn't take much of a spin to get the applicator primed for action, and the product goes on, and on, and on...well, you get the picture. Just be sure to apply a very light film of wax so removal won't be difficult. It was kinda late, so I wasn't able to get full light on the results, but it looked good from what I could tell.

As for Meguiar's other paste waxes, how do they compare to #16 in terms of application ease, spreadability, and removal? If they are anything like #16, then I may resort to using paste waxes more often.

To summarize...all a guy really needs now is a bottle of D151, and a can of #16 as a topper. What a combination!
          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
            "Alms. Alms. Alms to the poor."

rusty bumper has hand outstretched.
            r. b.

Comment

With one of my tins, I am starting to notice that the lid isn't closed very tightly. The same tin was fine the night before, but when I wake up to check it out, the lid popped up slightly, causing some leakage!

Though not all my tins are like that, the lid seems like it would deform slightly after it's opened.

Soo... here's a suggestion... do not open a brand new tin unless you intend to use it in the near future.

Comment

both of my covers were already loose and leaking a little. One has a pretty good dent in the bottom but the product seems fine.
                01 Tacoma 4x4 X/C V6 Imperial Jade

"Oh, oh Marty, here's you keys. You're all waxed up, ready for tonight"
                Biff Tannen

Comment

2 of my tins were on their side but suffered no ill effects!

Very nice Ebay find!
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by rusty bumper View Post
                    As for Meguiar's other paste waxes, how do they compare to #16 in terms of application ease, spreadability, and removal? If they are anything like #16, then I may resort to using paste waxes more often.
                    My first experience with paste waxes was not good, laid it down way too thick and after getting my first couple of tins of M16, changed my ways! I love paste waxes, got M16/M19/NXT 2.0 and M26 paste waxes and don't really use any others.

Originally posted by rusty bumper View Post
                    "Alms. Alms. Alms to the poor."

rusty bumper has hand outstretched.
                    I got enough for a while, that's for sure!

RB with you on here since '04, figured you would have a stock pile by now!

If/When I run out of M16, then my go to would be M26.

Comment

I find that Gold Class paste is really difficult to apply. I've clayed and cleaned the surface, there is no reason for it to drag. Taking it off is not hard at all, even if you apply it thick but putting it on is quite a chore.

M16 spreads like butter; I don't even use circular motions, I wax directionally because it is easier to spread that way. Removing isn't that hard if you use a couple of moist (with QD) Ultimate Wipes, even if you spread it reasonably thick.
                      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                      Calais Auto Detailing
                      CalaisDetails@aim.com
                      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                        I got enough for a while, that's for sure!

RB with you on here since '04, figured you would have a stock pile by now!

If/When I run out of M16, then my go to would be M26.
                        I've heard of the glories of #16, but I am somewhat slow / stubborn to make changes...not to mention the product was rather scarce and expensive too. Plus, someone's opinion of a product may not be that of my own, and given that #16 was such an old formula, I just couldn't see how it could top #21, NXT, MPPP, etc. in terms of looks and durability.

Now that I've seen #16 in full sun, I have changed my mind, and I now plan to use this product more extensively. The product really produces a deep, dark glow and is slick as can be. I'm looking forward to a rainstorm just to see the beading capabilities.

Wonder if #16 was ever sold in bottles?
                        r. b.

Comment

Don't think it was sold in a bottle.....

I was hesitant to buy it too as I love M26, NXT and NXT 2.0, M21, M20, GC et al and couldn't force myself into buying a wax that is no longer available until I read enough articles on it and got some from Kevin Brown and haven't turned back. I use it more than the ones mentioned now. It's my primary pre-winter wax as the snow and rain just fall off pretty much. We had a bad snow storm and I went to start brushing the cars off for work and a push with a broom and the whole top slid off with much ease!!!! I thought, "slick stuff" Now only if the snow would bead with M16, that would be a funny picture!

Comment

Has anyone tried M16 with UQD over the top of it?

I was told it produces a "ball bearing" type water beading.
                            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

and i thought i did good ordering 3 cans what's the red can? ive seen it, but never was able to get a name.
                              Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
                              Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Comment

Originally posted by ninobrn99 View Post
                                and i thought i did good ordering 3 cans what's the red can? ive seen it, but never was able to get a name.
                                M19 - Cleaner Wax in paste form
                                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');