• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Great Deal for M16 on Ebay.

If you order around 80 tins, the seller could accept a price of $3 per can

Comment

I got my 2 tins in yesterday. I tried an application today and I have to say that I'm not impressed with M16 for my vehicle. I used it on my white truck that already had Nxt 2 on it. M16 completely dulled out the shine. Not glossy at all. Just left a dull, unappealing look to it.

I'm thinking of sticking with Nxt for the glossy look. Anyone else have similar results as far as dulling out an already shiny waxed vehicle? Even M26 keeps a better gloss on top of Nxt than M16.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
        If you order around 80 tins, the seller could accept a price of $3 per can

That's just a little more than I need at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
          Do you mean cracking in the wax? If so, that is normal. If not could you post a photo?

More liquidy then pasty I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 02whitetundra View Post
            I got my 2 tins in yesterday. I tried an application today and I have to say that I'm not impressed with M16 for my vehicle. I used it on my white truck that already had Nxt 2 on it. M16 completely dulled out the shine. Not glossy at all. Just left a dull, unappealing look to it.

I'm thinking of sticking with Nxt for the glossy look. Anyone else have similar results as far as dulling out an already shiny waxed vehicle? Even M26 keeps a better gloss on top of Nxt than M16.
            You can top M16 with M26. M16 is a great long-term wax. The wax has been around since 1950 or so.
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I got my 2 tins in yesterday. I tried an application today and I have to say that I'm not impressed with M16 for my vehicle. I used it on my white truck that already had Nxt 2 on it. M16 completely dulled out the shine. Not glossy at all. Just left a dull, unappealing look to it. .
              I know what you're saying--The same thing happened to me when I topped NXT with Fathers Reflections TopCoat; it ruined the shine. However, I did have great success when I topped NXT with Meguiars DC3 Carnauba wax, the standard one in the burgundy bottle found at the store.
              Some waxes/sealants don't always go together, but that doesn't necessarily mean that M16 is automatically bad .

For now though; I just use 2 thin coats of NXT and that works fine.

I suggest next time you strip with Dawn, then follow with 2 thin coats of M16; then you can make your official judgement .

Comment

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
                I know what you're saying--The same thing happened to me when I topped NXT with Fathers Reflections TopCoat; it ruined the shine.
                Um, I think that should be Mother's Reflections Top Coat.
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I would have used the proper name but I would have been slapped on the wrist by those guys who run that company that is afraid to be associated with enthusiasts who "bash other companies' products" .

Comment

Well as Mike Phillips says, it sounds like you should stick with NXT:

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    M16 is a formula created on or before 1950 as it was introduced in 1951

It was the first wax Meguiar's introduced.

NXT is brand new technology, M16 is 57 year old technology. Our chemists have stated that our best protecting wax formula is the NXT Tech Wax 2.0

M21 is in the same category as NXT, that is it uses the same protection ingredients.

M16 is a great wax but our chemists state that the protection ingredients in NXT will slow down deterioration and attack against the paint better than our other waxes and that would include M16

Hope that helps...

-HealthyCivic
                    Check out the glossary

Comment

It is demonstrated that surface tension has no direct effect on protection. There may be a correlation in some instances, but no causal relationship between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by HealthyCivic View Post
                        Well as Mike Phillips says, it sounds like you should stick with NXT:
                        Says the guy who has a 50+ can collection! I don't buy it for one minute.
                        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com
                        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

This is going to be my first time ordering M16.

2 questions:

1. One of you said M16 dulled the shine of NXT, so can I use M16 then top it off with NXT?

2. Can I use M16 with a DA?

Comment

You may use NXT over M16. However the NXT wax contains a small trace of cleaning and polishing agents that may wear off the layer of applied M16 during the application process.

On the tin of the M16, it specifies that it could be use with a DA. I still cannot master the process of applying the product onto a 7" pad.

Comment

Put in a bid for 5... Hoping for the best

Comment

Meguiar's M16 is a traditional hard wax that yes has been around since the 1950's. However, it is still one the best waxes ever made! The Biggest problem with M16 however is the application method. Some people advocate applying an ultra thin coat to the entire car and then wiping it off. Others, like myself, have always had the best success applying and removing M16 one panel at a time. There have been no issues doing it that way and very minimal loss, if at all, in durability.

I am at a loss as to why some of you are finding M16 dulling the paint. True, on light colors I too prefer sealants for their gloss. However, it should not be dulling the paint. It may mute the metallic flake slightly in metallic paints, but even then, very little. I would suggest before giving up on M16, do a wipe down with M34 Final Inspection after the application. I have a feeling that not all of the M16 is being removed, one of the difficulties of using a hard wax.

NXT Tech Wax contains specialized cleaners and does not come remotely close to a traditional cleaner wax. As such, applying NXT over anything will remove ever so slightly any product below it. Even Meguiar's M20 Polymer Sealant which is substantially stronger than NXT Tech Wax, it too will not remove enough of the proceeding product layer to make a difference.

As to the order of application, that is a hotly contested subject. Some may argue about the cross linking and the bonding issues, and while that may be a factor in other brands, Meguiar's products are designed to work together. As such, you could use one on top of each other without a problem. But generally, the more accepted method is a sealant topped with a carnauba.

I hope that helps!

Tim
                                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');