• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm ready to chop down a tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready to chop down a tree

I spend yesterday morning for about a good hour, washing my car, top to bottom.

Everytime I would wash, some leaves and bits of the linden tree would fall onto my car. It drove me nuts, I would have to use the hose to wash down any leaves or smaller bits of the linden tree to before applying the mitt to the car and washing.

Everytime it falls it just sticks to the car, I can't just simply blow it off the car, I literally have to pick it off - thank God for my long nails (for once lol).

Would claying, polishing and finally waxing create a surface where these things won't stick AS easily?
    Thank you.

Re: I'm ready to chop down a tree

During the wash? I doubt it as leaves tend to stick to things that are wet. So .... not really sure what you can do except dont wash it under that tree. Not trying to be funny or sarcastic so please dont take it that way, just saying..
    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
    2005 Honda CRF250R
    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

No offense taken, it's just that I can't, since I'm limited by my driveway space (where the trees are) and my dad's 50 foot garden hose. lol

Comment

First thing you need is a chain saw! Just teasing!

There's not much you can do if you can't park anywhere else. A good coat of wax will help so the leaves don't stick as bad. However if there is any moisture they will stick to the hood no matter what. Sorry I can't offer a solution!
        Scott

Comment

lol Oh believe me, the thought has crossed my mind, but, I couldn't do it.
          It gives us some shade, but it really s ucks.

Comment

Is this creating a problem while you are washing/detailing your car?

Becarefull when picking off with your nails.Paintwork is very easy to scratch with fingernails.

If you are spending a long time detailing,then this fallout is not a good thing.It's going to be a nuisance while you work.Even picking off is going to leave particles behind,which will get rubbed in while you are working with an applicator or cloth.

If the branches are high enough above your car,can you put some kind of canopy up? Even just enough to cover where you work. If this is your only place to detail,you'll have to do something along these lines,otherwise it'll create havoc everytime you're detailing.

Comment

Oh it's a huge pain, Ill just toss the hose over the backyard fence and do it from the side of the house.

What the bigger annoyance is, the car was looking great last night and then this morning, leaves, sap and little pieces from the linden tree were all over the war.

I just took it for a $2.00 rinse at the coin-op, I'm sure it wasn't the brightest idea, but it aggravated me just to see all that **** on the car.

Maybe detailing isn't such a good idea for me considering my circumstances.

Comment

Don't give up. I would invest in a tarp or pop up tent that would help block the leaves? Otherwise I hear a copper pipe kills trees, but thats just what i heard from a guy who knows a guy
                "Every moment frontin and maxin
                Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                "

Comment

Well, I live in a townhouse so we share a driveway with our neighbors.
                  They're very cool and the son next door, his BMW hardly gets ANY of the junk that I do and they have the exact same tree on their lawn.

Maybe a car cover? ...but then someone told me that they tend to scratch cars with the slightest shift from the wind and just putting it on and taking it off.

Comment

putting car covers on a dirty car is certainly a no-no as the dirt under the cover along with the cover moving around will act like sandpaper, but I know you already know this.
                    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                    2005 Honda CRF250R
                    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

you don't have to give up detailing because of a problem.A lot of people have similair conditions.Some don't have driveways.

Car covers are a problem..they cause scratches.

Can you not buy a canopy from a DIY store and assemble it under the tree?

If you look through some past threads,you'll see others have done this.Where the threads are....? Maybe you could use the search bar at the top of the page.

Comment

Unfortunately there is really nothing you can do about your parking situation. Every morning you will probably have dew forming and any leaves will stick.

About the only thing I would think about is getting a canopy so you can wash and wax under it. It will be less aggravating for you in the future.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');