• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber vs. Pure Cotton Towels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber vs. Pure Cotton Towels?

With all the popularity of microfiber towels, I was wondering if the Meguiar 100% cotton towels are still recommmended?

Some say even 100% cotton will generate more swirls/light scratches than microfiber.

Thanks.

Re: Microfiber vs. Pure Cotton Towels?

Originally posted by RC46
    With all the popularity of microfiber towels, I was wondering if the Meguiar's 100% cotton towels are still recommended?

Some say even 100% cotton will generate more swirls/light scratches than microfiber.

Thanks.
    Good quality microfiber polishing cloths tend to be safer to use as far as instilling scratches into scratch-sensitive finishes like clear coats. That said, each wiping cloth, (cotton towels and microfibers), has it's place in the car care world.

For example, if I'm compounding a car, I will tend to use cotton towels to remove the residue. As I work my way through the polishing process, I switch over to microfiber polishing cloths to prevent instilling towel scratches. At the compounding step, I find the nap of a good quality towel helps to break up the compound/paint residue on the finish helping me to remove it quickly and thoroughly with less effort. I know that any towel inflicted scratches I may put in with a towel will be removed with the next process, and that's application of a cleaner/polish. After this step, I will tend to switch over to microfiber for the rest of the process.

Does this make sense?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike- yes, this makes sense.

Thanks for the advice and prompt reply.

Comment

Working...
      X