• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaning your ultimate wipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning your ultimate wipe

Instead of liquid detergent is it bad to use the powdered form when I throw the ultimate wipe in the washer.

Also is it safe to include the foam applicator and the ultimate drying microfibre towel.

Here at Meguiar's each week we go through a lot of microfibers polishing and foam applicator pads. We usually wash them together using a liquid detergent in hot water.

At home I do the same except we use Tide (powder).

I see no performance difference and everything comes out clean.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I like to wash the two separately. I tend to get my foam pads pretty dirty. For the foam pads, I use the most "evil" detergent I can find. As for the microfiber, I usually wash them all together (different designs) in woolite. They never get to dirty for what I use them for so I go with the least aggressive approach. I have had some of my quick detailing rags for year and they still work as well as when they were new.

Comment

Just to note, when wash our foam wax applicator pads with our microfiber polishing cloths, I only wash the clean ones, as in applicators that were used to apply polish or wax, never the applicator pads that were used to work on tires, trim or anything really dirty or black.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

One suggestion...never put the foam applicators in the dryer. They get chewed up.

Chris
          Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Hey,

I usually wash the MF towels in hot water with Liquid Tide. I make sure to do a second rinse. I then allow them to air dry.

Cheers!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I thought using hotwater is bad for the microfibre. I dont dryer any of the towels, microfibres but I use cold water. Even for my dirty terry towels.

Also what about washmitts are they safe to mix with the microfibre and what temperature is adequate.

Comment

Hey,

I have not had problems when using Hot/warm water. But perhaps my water is not as hot as yours. If in doubt, use the warm water setting.

I would not mix anything with the MF as they will pick up every bit of lint possible from the other items. Besides, a washmitt may have dirt and other grime. You do not want the MF's to be exposed to anything that may cause scratching while detailing.

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Also dont use fabric softener, the towels wont absorb water as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');