• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windsheild issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windsheild issues...

Greetings to all,
    I m new to the meguiars forums, but have been using meguiars products for years now. I not a novice detailer but this issue had me puzzled. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it for me.

I detailed my sisters 98 corolla and was driving it in the rain a few days ago and noticed that the windsheild was not clean. So naturally I change the wiper blades but that only worked for a few weeks then it was back to where I started. Normally the water just runs right off the windsheild but in this case the wipers just smeered the water all over the place making it hard to see out the windsheild. I was wondering if any of u guys had any answers on how to get rid of this annoying problem. Thanx in advance.

Firstly, Welcome to Meguiar's Online!!!

Secondly, the issue sounds like there is wax or road contaminents on the windshield. Is there RainX on the glass? I would suggest using something like Isopropyl /water mix (1:1) on the glass only. Or you can also use a vinegar/water mix.

Keep us posted!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

pratikdhora

I like the Meguiar's glass cleaner concentrate. Often the windows get oil, grime and other gunk bonded to the glass. I usually clay the glass to remove this. I follow with a green ScotchBrite cleaning pad. If that still doesn't clean it off, I have, as a last resort, used some #0000 steel wool.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

thanx

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I will try both the vinegar n water as well as the clay bar. I will keep u guys posted on my progress.

Thanx again

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');