• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towels ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towels ??

Hi, are the yellow cotton towels with the red seam ok to use? There real soft but want to make sure. Any use these? thx
    John 3:16

I'm not sure what towels your're talking about.

A good cotton towel is 100% cotton, as a plush nap and feels soft to the touch, not rough or coarse.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,yes they are very soft and 100% cotton. They are called flanel cloths. They ok then? thx
      John 3:16

Comment

I think I know which ones you are talking about and if I remember correctly they have no nap at all. They are smooth like a flannel shirt, thus the name. If you're concerned about the cost of MFs, just go to Costco and pick up a 16 pack of MFs for $10.79. They're pretty plush and work well. Then of course, there's always the Ultimate Wipe.

Comment

I've found those type of towels to leave lint behind on the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
            I've found those type of towels to leave lint behind on the paint.
            Same here, I violently wash them a few times before I use them and that seems to solve the problem. Those work great on wheels and cars I dont like.

Comment

NVCobra

If you are not sure on what cloth to use on your veh. there is a fail safe test you can do at home or in the store. Get a "cheep" BLANK CD wipe the CD with said towel with the same amount of pressure you would expect to use for removing wax, If it scratches the CD it will most likely scratch or mar the finish of your veh.

I have seen so many different brands of Microfiber out there I think the Carter pill co. is making them. Be careful, Choose wisely.

Good Luck.
              Rich
              If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
              DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

That is a really good idea beercan (lol). I might try that out, I have a lot of old usless cd around.

Comment

Hey,

If I am correct, those towels do not have any nap to them. Nap is very important for trapping dried polish etc. Moreover, those type of towels usually lint, leaving little hair like strands on everything.

I suggest that you invest in excellent quality microfiber towels like Meguiar's Ultimate Wipes. These are awesome MF towels!!!

As for the CD test, I suggest using CD-R's as old commercial music CD's usually have a protective coating on them, while CD-R's usually do not. As such, the CD-R will scratch easier thus allowing to see the scratch ability or the lack of from your towels.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');