• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geez I'm tired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez I'm tired!

Tuesday I washed, dried and cleaned the doorjambs on my truck, that took the whole evening. Wednesday, used Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner on the entire truck and wiped down, that took the whole evening. Tonight I have a Harley GTG, Saturday I'll have to wake up early and run 2 coats of Deep Crystal Polish , then apply Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax, all before the sun comes up.

I think I see the benifit of the DACP. That would combine 2 steps into one. So now I gotta drive 2 days with no protection. On Saturday, should I rewash the truck or just wipe it down with Quik Detailer ?

Another thing, is there something like the DACP that is less abrasive? I like the Step 1 cause it's non abrasive and my truck doesn't have any swirls or marring anyway.
    Last edited by George G.; Oct 14, 2004, 09:06 AM.
    George G.
    ----------------------------------

Re: Geez I'm tired!

Originally posted by George G.
    Tuesday I washed, dried and cleaned the doorjambs on my truck, that took the whole evening. Wednesday, used Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner on the entire truck and wiped down, that took the whole evening. Tonight I have a Harley GTG, Saturday I'll have to wake up early and run 2 coats of Deep Crystal Polish , then apply Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax, all before the sun comes up.

I think I see the benifit of the DACP. That would combine 2 steps into one. So now I gotta drive 2 days with no protection. On Saturday, should I rewash the truck or just wipe it down with Quik Detailer ?

Another thing, is there something like the DACP that is less abrasive? I like the Step 1 cause it's non abrasive and my truck doesn't have any swirls or marring anyway.
    Since you're driving your truck, I think it would be best to just wash it again.. It would accumulate dirt and grime and QD is just for light dust.. (I think)

Anyway, #80 Speed Glaze is less aggresive that #83 DACP.. (Level 4 on the scale). If you want to go further, I would suggest #82 Swirl Free Polish which is less aggresive than the two... (Level 3 on the scale).

Hope this helps.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');