• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Math Experts - A little help for the High School Band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Math Experts - A little help for the High School Band?

Yeah after looking at his again today after getting sleep and realizing most of the buckets and water will be sprayed on the kids working and partly the cars haha, in reality they probably wont need to much.

Like Mike had said these kids want to have fun and are not "car crazy" like we are and arent to concerned about swirls.

I know when I did my band car wash in highschool we used the school drop off drive on the weekend and had a few people doing a rinse down of the cars in two seperate lines, then kids getting the cars all soapy with mitts and old towels (while spraying eachother and dumping bucktes on eachother) then another rinse section with buckets of clean water, and finally people drying with anything that wasnt wet so it wasnt a quality wash at all, but something to get the band money.

As far as I can remember I can not think of anyone cleaning out buckets, just the water would get low and they would fill it back up and just eyeball the car wash soap.

Maserati Mario, thats what I did at my bands car wash, I was about to take my car through and saw a car leaving still with some soap on the back and drove over to the donation area and gave them a few bucks

Comment

So how did this end up working out?

how many jugs of Gold Class were used at the fundraiser?
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I think it is important to remember that for most people, 5 gallons is a lot of water/soap to use on a car. I would be very suprised if they are using more then 1 to maybe 1.5 gallons per car.

IE Dip the mitt, drag it around the car as far as it will go, re dip, redrag...

In this case 5 gallons will 3-4 cars
        Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

A car wash staffed with kids is not a going to work with an ONR product, take my first hand experienced word on it. They are their to raise money but they're also there to goof off and have fun. Not learn the science of washing a car while using minimal water.

I have to strongly disagree with you on this point. The kids can wash the car the same way using ONR as they would the old school way. Makes me wonder if you have ever used ONR yourself.
          AeroCleanse, LLC
          Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
            I have to strongly disagree with you on this point. The kids can wash the car the same way using ONR as they would the old school way. Makes me wonder if you have ever used ONR yourself.

AeroCleanse You may want to take into consideration that most people are not wild about the whole waterless car wash idea as they have never heard of it before (by most people I mean most consumers). With that in mind, you are able to explain to your customers what it is you use and they trust you because you are a reputable detailer and know you are professional.

On the other hand, I don't think many people are going to trust a bunch of high school kids messing around with a waterless wash. While yes it is "safe" they aren't going to be sold on it from the kids. Doing a car wash fundraiser is also about the image of it. People see spraying water and suds dripping on a car and it looks like a car wash. Kids wiping cars with wet mitts doesn't. This also attracts people and brings in business.

I think that just sticking to the traditional method would probably be best in this situation, but hey its just my opinion.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
              AeroCleanse You may want to take into consideration that most people are not wild about the whole waterless car wash idea as they have never heard of it before (by most people I mean most consumers). With that in mind, you are able to explain to your customers what it is you use and they trust you because you are a reputable detailer and know you are professional.
              ONR is not a waterless product.
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                You're free to strongly disagree with me on anything AeroCleanse and I thought you had already made your point about your feelings in this thread about ONR already, just don't turn your feelings into arguing as that won't be tolerated.

I have used ONR numerous times and somewhere on this forum posted my thoughts on the topic.

I'm not sure why you have such a strong interest in getting some high school kids to use ONR in this thread but it's time to push away from the keyboard on this topic and that's a strong hint.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, do you know how the car wash turned out? Hopefully all the kids had a good time and made lots of money!

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                    Mike, do you know how the car wash turned out? Hopefully all the kids had a good time and made lots of money!
                    Just sent her an e-mail asking for an update, I'll post back here what I find out.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's an update from Susan on the car wash...

It isn't until May 9, and now our city has brought up environmental concerns, so we may not be able to use your soap after all!

May have to go to biodegradable.

But thanks again for your help. I will check out the thread - it was very interesting!

Note I did let her know that all our car wash soaps are biodegradable and that the problem isn't so much the soap solution but all the pollution that the soap removes off the car, things like road grime, brake dust and normal pollution in the form of dirt and dust on the car.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                        Here's an update from Susan on the car wash...

Note I did let her know that all our car wash soaps are biodegradable and that the problem isn't so much the soap solution but all the pollution that the soap removes off the car, things like road grime, brake dust and normal pollution in the form of dirt and dust on the car.

If they cant use a Meguiars car wash, then what do you think they would end up using?
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

That ONR solution doesn't sound so bad after reading her concerns with pollution.
                          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I ran into this exact problem when I was in high school. The city used to allow car washes at the high school but with new run-off regulations, the high school was no longer able to host car washes. Where is she located? If it is a coastal city, chances are the run-off goes strait to the ocean and it isn't really a matter of the soap being biodegradable, but rather that there is run-off going down the drains.

She may have hit an obstacle which they may not be able to work around unfortunately.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                              That ONR solution doesn't sound so bad after reading her concerns with pollution.
                              It might be the best solution from the run-off point of view but again... were not talking about enthusiast or detailers washing something that's important to them, we're talking about some kids trying to wash as many cars as they can to earn some money.

I've been there and done that in the recent past and at least in my situation, teenage girl cheerleaders, they were not capable of using anything but what they know to be washing cars and that's using a mitt full of suds to slather over the car and then rinse it off using a blast of water.

Been there, done that...

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                                It might be the best solution from the run-off point of view but again... were not talking about enthusiast or detailers washing something that's important to them, we're talking about some kids trying to wash as many cars as they can to earn some money.

I've been there and done that in the recent past and at least in my situation, teenage girl cheerleaders, they were not capable of using anything but what they know to be washing cars and that's using a mitt full of suds to slather over the car and then rinse it off using a blast of water.

Been there, done that...

Mike did you stay and watch your daughters whole car wash? If you did how did you stop yourself from washing all the cars to your standard?
                                If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');