• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Math Experts - A little help for the High School Band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Math Experts - A little help for the High School Band?

Hyperwash:

/= divided by

1oz per 5 gallons = 128 cars per gallon

1500 cars / 128= 11+ gallons

12 gallons of hyperwash = $275+change (ADS pricing)

50 gallons of GC wash at 10 bucks a gallon = $500 bucks.....

eh?
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

When is this taking place? Maybe some of us can order a gallon and send it to them!

Typing outloud.....
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

School band trying to maximize profits while lowering expenditures. Figure about two gallons of the soapy stuff per car if the wash is mixed correctly. Given that formula, figure 24 one gallon bottles would do the trick

But you know the kids will just eyeball the amount in and turn the hose on to get foamy suds. Probably 4 oz of product to get 2 gallons of wash. Figure 48-50 bottles unless the kids are closely managed by the adults to mix it correctly.

Comment

And Mike, did you tell her that she should buy 64 oz bottles to get every 3rd bottle free?

Comment

1 oz per car

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonsfavson View Post
              Good to know about the openness here. I know ONR is a bit "different" but it's not too complicated, even for amateur high schoolers.

My thinking, and maybe I'm off base here, is that the potential for damage is much smaller with ONR in untrained hands. I just envision grit-filled towels and soap drying on paint in the hot sun with a traditional bucket wash

Of course, I'm looking at this whole thing through the eyes of an OCD car detailing nut job, so maybe my perspective is a bit skewed
              No doubt, and folks who partake of fundraiser car washes are usually not as "Car Crazy" as the members on this site. 99% of the 1500 cars will already be swirled before the kids even start washing. So even if they used ONR, they'd probably still be washing with shop rags, old tees, hand towels, terry cloth, sponges, et al - and using the same to dry the washed cars. And I'll wager dimes to dollars that nearly every band kid participating has probably not watched Mike's vid on proper washing technique, so they'll be vigorously scrubbing away at the paint anyway.

Maybe some of the more enterprising MOLers can stand outside the drying areas to hand out business cards to the owners!

Comment

If they're going to do it right they'll need anywhere from 50-60...

They should get some Foam Guns lol
                Matt

Comment

well she wants to know how many she can do with 128 ounces and assuming they dont fill every bucket all the way up adding 4 ounces would do 32 cars with a fresh bucket with each car. Seeing as how this is a band wash intended for profit I would think doing two or more with each bucket would be more likely so that puts it at 64 cars or more depending on how often you clean out the buckets.

So if they decide it is still profitable to wash out the buckets and add clean soap every two cars she would need to buy about 24 or 25 things of the 128 ounces for 1500 cars. I realise that it this may not be the case as they want the most profit possible so that for even more profit they could do 4 ounces per bucket and wash them out every 4 cars and buy 12 things of the 128 car wash.

It all depends on how much profit they want to make and how much they really care about rinsing out the buckets for fresh ones. Essentially if quality really doesnt matter they could just buy one thing of gold class wash and never switch the buckets out but that is their call.

p.s. dont hold me to my math as it is late and im tired

Comment

4 ounces would do 32 cars
                    1 oz per gallon
                    4 gallons in a bucket
                    I use that just for one car
                    If they can get 32 car washes out of 4 gallons of water they should quit the band and sell this system!

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
                      1 oz per gallon
                      4 gallons in a bucket
                      I use that just for one car
                      If they can get 32 car washes out of 4 gallons of water they should quit the band and sell this system!
                      What I meant was that they can get 32 car washes out of the 128 oz of gold class wash if they add 4 oz to each bucket. Guess I should have been more clear

Comment

Have any of you guys ever worked or seen a car wash fundraiser? They will not be using 1 bucket per car, better odds of 1 bucket for 20 cars. They are NOT detailers, just kids trying to raise a few bucks. 4 gallons would be plenty in this situation, including the excess pours.

1500 cars / 20 washes per bucket = 75 bucket refills.
                        Est. 5 gallon bucket size * 75 refills (1oz per gallon of water) = 375 ounces of wash
                        375 ounces of wash / 128 ounces per gallon = 2.9297 galllons.
                        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                          p.s. dont hold me to my math as it is late and im tired
                          Originally posted by john m. View Post
                          What I meant was that they can get 32 car washes out of the 128 oz of gold class wash if they add 4 oz to each bucket. Guess I should have been more clear
                          I figured that, just called you out on being tired! lol

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                          Have any of you guys ever worked or seen a car wash fundraiser?
                          I run from these things, a Mike said just give them money and drive away, done that a few times! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                            Usually for high school kids that probably are not all car enthusiasts, let alone detailing enthusiasts, it's usually better to keep it real simple.
                            They'll probably end up spraying each other a lot as well
                            AeroCleanse, LLC
                            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonsfavson View Post
                              I realize this is a Meguiar's forum and all, but in this case, I think ONR would be the hands-down best way to do this. It would be much cheaper, quicker, better for the cars and better for the environment (less run-off, less water used).
                              I agree that ONR would be way better and probably take less time to do. However ONR would only work if the person running the event knew how to use it correctly, which isn't difficult.

If they fund raiser use the traditional wash method, they will need to reclaim all the waste water, something these groups never seem to consider.
                              AeroCleanse, LLC
                              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                                They are NOT detailers, just kids trying to raise a few bucks.
                                Correct.

For the kids it's more about having fun then doing the actual kind of wash job an MOL member would do.

The last car wash I helped organize was when my daughter was on the Wood bridge High School Cheerleading Team in Irvine. We had approximately 40 girls washing cars but the most important thing at the car was was the Boom Box and most the girls were more interested in goofing off then carefully washing the black BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus.

I watched one girl after another drop their wash mitt and then simply pick it up and go back to work washing the thin, delicate clear layer of paint on mostly very expensive new cars. I watched one girl take her mitt and wash one half a wheel and then move on leaving a noticeably clean side and a noticeably dirty side. (noticeable to me, not to her or any of the other kids).

A car wash staffed with kids is not a going to work with an ONR product, take my first hand experienced word on it. They are their to raise money but they're also there to goof off and have fun. Not learn the science of washing a car while using minimal water.

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');