• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orbital buffer waxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Orbital buffer waxing

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
    While that is a good idea, i kind of was hoping you could tell me if the foam or MF bonnets would swirl the paint?
    With my limited use of the traditional style orbital buffers, the ones that look like this one,

Machine Photos - DA Polishers - Rotary Buffers - Traditional Orbital Buffers

I have never personally had a problem with swirls using most/all the common bonnets on the market, wool, terry cloth, and microfiber, I have never seen any swirl problems instilled by the tool or the bonnet material.

Besides application material, choice of product is a HUGE factor when working by hand or machine and all the products I've used with these style machines were formulated to be used with these types of machines on clear coat finishes. So just keep that in mind when selecting products for the project.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, that helps a lot.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have/had one of those 6" orbitals, didn't do anything for me except spread product around.....
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          If you have a chance and have a swirled out neglected finish to experiment on, maybe try a wool bonnet, or a terry cloth bonnet with one of our new SMAT products like M105 or UC and see what kind of swirl removal success you get.

Would a SMAT product be ideal because it dosent need to break down and it wont instill additional scratches and swirls into the finish?
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');