• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glazes? 03, 05, or 07?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glazes? 03, 05, or 07?

I'm looking at picking up a bottle of PURE polish for those times I want the car to look it's absolute best. I know this step is optional and won't be doing it every time I wax/seal the car. I will do it when I am planning on going to a car show or some other time when I will want the car to look it's best.

Which of the 3 Glazes would you recommend? I will either be applying by hand or with a G110. I would assume that #5 is for cars with a very small amount of defects and not only able to be used on NEW cars. I know #7 has been around for along time and I'm under the impression it is more so for single stage paints? would the #5 be better suited for a car with a BC/CC? What about #3? can #5 or #7 be applied with a machine as well, or are they to be applied by hand only?

Re: Glazes? 03, 05, or 07?

#7 is pretty much top of the line.

#5 is more for humid conditions.

#81 is also an option, many people like it and find it easy to use.

Paint is pretty much paint, so they will all work. It is just that you may see a bigger difference on dark old single stage paints.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well M03 works great by machine i would imagine

M05 is designed for humid conditions

M07 and M81 are the two that i use and i like them both. But i think M81 has a cut of 1 on the scale
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

To me #7 seems a little gummy, #5 is dry and chalky, #3 seems to work perfect to me.

Comment

M07 appears to be the favorite glaze among MOL members.
          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
          --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');