• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake County-Glass Polish System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake County-Glass Polish System

I thought I'd try this out to see what would happen.
    I wasn't happy with the results.
    I don't think this is for a badly scratched/pitted glass.
    I think it would work for water spots and lite scratches.

Here's the kit: Pads, Product, Adapter, Instructions, Rain-X and applicator for Rain-X

Here's the main scratches I wanted out.

Instruction say to work in a 6"X8" area, to reduce heat

They say to wipe with a bag so you can feel the imperfections and the difference after

So I hooked everything up, quarter size amount of product and work for two minutes

Turned on my stop watch to be sure I didn't go over two minutes

Not much difference. They say after two times it should be done.

This is after fore times

After doing it six times I gave up.
    Like I said it's a good product for water spots or VERY LIGHT SCRATCHES.
    I'm not an expert in this product, but it didn't do what I wanted.
    My glass is extremely pitted and (I guess extremely) scratched.
    It would have been worth it ($35), compared to $265 for a new windshield.

Re: Lake County-Glass Polish System

Item Description:

The Lake Country Glass Restoration Kit #2 is for heavy duty glass polishing. This kit will polish and restore automotive glass and other glass surfaces. This machine powered system restores clarity by removing wiper tracks, light scratches, water spots and other minor defects. Designed for use on automotive windshields and Automotive Glass; most other glass surfaces. For use with rotary buffers or dual-action polishers. The kit contains enough materials to polish and seal approximately 7,200 square inches.
    (Auto Detailing Solutions)

It sounds like it did what it said it could do. They make resins to fill in those deep chunks out of your windows, but WOW those look REALLY Bad!!
    Matt

Comment

Yea there really bad.
      That's why I tried this stuff.
      To see what it would do.
      I already planned on buying a new window.

Comment

Well took this kit to Mike on Thursday and he didn't have much luck with it either

Comment

I used the other Lake county kit from ads. I did not use it on auto glass. Used it on the glass tabletops we use to have. Worked wonderfully.

Sorry it did not work as well for you.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
            I thought I'd try this out to see what would happen.
            I wasn't happy with the results.
            So much so, you left the kit at Meguiars. I saw it Saturday at the advanced class, still sitting on the shelf by the dirty rag bin!

Comment

are you the guy who had the merc on thursday?
              Newb!

Comment

Good to know so I don't waste my money. My windshield on my DD is as bad as the car you used it on. I don't think there is any saving my windshield, except maybe a little improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                  So much so, you left the kit at Meguiars. I saw it Saturday at the advanced class, still sitting on the shelf by the dirty rag bin!
                  Yes I did.
                  I let Mike have it so he could try it on other cars to see what else it could do.

Originally posted by tonyroc14 View Post
                  are you the guy who had the merc on thursday?
                  Yes I am.

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                  Good to know so I don't waste my money. My windshield on my DD is as bad as the car you used it on. I don't think there is any saving my windshield, except maybe a little improvement.
                  Your right!
                  I bought it to save $265 (+ installation) of a new windshield
                  So if it worked I would have saved more than $235 bucks!
                  This kit (IMO) would work on the "stuff on the glass" ie: Water spot, sap & defiantly over spray-but M105 would do that too.
                  (IMO) It doesn't have the power to "remove glass, thus remove scratches"
                  So it will work on the glass & my glass is shinier in the spots were it was worked.

Comment

Check this out http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...w+instrucitons
                    i followed those instructions using my UDM with some cool results....
                    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by pampas View Post
                      Check this out http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...w+instrucitons
                      i followed those instructions using my UDM with some cool results....
                      Hummm....looks like he had rubber marks "on his glass"
                      it will work for "stuff on the glass" and it doesn't seem to remove to much glass so "scratches would disappear"

Comment

it will work for "stuff on the glass" and it doesn't seem to remove to much glass so "scratches would disappear"
                        I am sure you could find some pretty potent stuff if you looked around.
                        Newb!

Comment

On my windshield i had a lot of light scratches and some deeper.The light scratches(created by the wiper blades+dust i guess) were so many that it was hard to see out of it when the sun was on it...
                          The 90% are gone,the deeper are not so deep right now,and my back pain was terrible for 2 days
                          I will try to do the same on the rear one and i hope to make it to take some pictures
                          I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by pampos View Post
                            On my windshield i had a lot of light scratches and some deeper.The light scratches(created by the wiper blades+dust i guess) were so many that it was hard to see out of it when the sun was on it...
                            The 90% are gone,the deeper are not so deep right now,and my back pain was terrible for 2 days
                            I will try to do the same on the rear one and i hope to make it to take some pictures
                            Really?
                            Well I'll give it another try!
                            I followed the direction x6
                            When that didn't work I gave up
                            Mike just went crazy and went for it

Can you tell me exactly how you used this product?

Comment

Really?
                              Well I'll give it another try!
                              I followed the direction x6
                              When that didn't work I gave up
                              Mike just went crazy and went for it

Can you tell me exactly how you used this product?
                              I sprayed some water on the glass,i applied some product (polish) on the glass (4 spots on the area), and i started to work it on slow speed with UDM.When the polish was applied everywhere,i accelerate to speed 6 until the polish was dry and not clear.then i sprayed some more water,and repeat the same.slow speed,then fast speed,spray some more water etc etc until the polish was clear enough...I repeat this method until everything has gone or until the back pain was too much to continue
                              I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');