• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Review* Tools of the Trade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *Review* Tools of the Trade!

Tim

What a collection of information!

This just goes to show that a lot of the write-ups here get lost in the day to day posts. This is why it is helpful to use the search feature every now and then. when I see a post from a member that seems to be giving good information, I will do a search on that member to read some of their other posts.

Do you always use an extender on your rotary machines?

I think Joe from the world famous Superior Shine does.
    For those that do not know, the adapters are made for double sided pads.

I did not understand this statement:
    Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
    Having been the Super Moderator of Meguiar’s Online, Show Car Garage and The Art of Polishing Paint...
    What is the Art of Polishing Paint you are referring to?

Anyway, very nice work. Keep them coming!
    I would like to see another boat write-up, but in more detail.
    In the spring, perhaps. Maybe some sanding and M105...?
    Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Tim, thank you for showing something that is very rarely, if ever, shown in "click & brag", which is what is going on behind the screens of serious paint correction, not just in front of it.

Thread like this shows serious detailing requires much more involvement and attention to detail (no pun intended) than many would believe. It also educates potential customers where price of a pro is coming from and why it is worth it when compared to "I just got a PC and few pads but I am cheap" "establishment" down the block.

Thank you for selfless work!

P.S. Beside Meguiar's extenders have you found any other sources for extenders? I need them in varying lengths, some spots are impossible to get into any other way.

Also, do I see right there is a 3.5" flex foam rotary backing plate between your DeWalt and Makita? Do you mind me asking where you got it? I have been looking for one for a while now.

Comment

You are in every sense of the word a true "professional" !!!!!

Hats of to you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
          Tim

What a collection of information!

This just goes to show that a lot of the write-ups here get lost in the day to day posts. This is why it is helpful to use the search feature every now and then. when I see a post from a member that seems to be giving good information, I will do a search on that member to read some of their other posts.

Do you always use an extender on your rotary machines?

I think Joe from the world famous Superior Shine does.
          For those that do not know, the adapters are made for double sided pads.

I did not understand this statement:

What is the Art of Polishing Paint you are referring to?

Anyway, very nice work. Keep them coming!
          I would like to see another boat write-up, but in more detail.
          In the spring, perhaps. Maybe some sanding and M105...?
          Hey Kevin,

Yes, I do use the extenders all the time. I actually borrowed that trick from Joe (Superior Shine) and now I am used to using the rotaries that way.

AOPP (Art of Polishing Paint) was the first website that I was asked to be the Super Moderator. It was started way back by Mike Phillips. He then started Show Car Garage in which he asked me to be an Admin and Super Moderator of that site as well. When Meguiar's started MOL, I then got asked to come over to MOL as the Super Moderator where I stayed for just over 4 years.

Oh...I think it is time for another boat write-up too! I just hate cleaning my garage floor after detailing an aluminum boat! But I need that boat like a mirror as it attracts more fish!

I also have a few other projects that will be coming up. Some will include sanding and buff outs as well as a few special interest "vehicles".

Thanks Kevin for the kind words. Take care buddy!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
            Tim, thank you for showing something that is very rarely, if ever, shown in "click & brag", which is what is going on behind the screens of serious paint correction, not just in front of it.

Thread like this shows serious detailing requires much more involvement and attention to detail (no pun intended) than many would believe. It also educates potential customers where price of a pro is coming from and why it is worth it when compared to "I just got a PC and few pads but I am cheap" "establishment" down the block.

Thank you for selfless work!

P.S. Beside Meguiar's extenders have you found any other sources for extenders? I need them in varying lengths, some spots are impossible to get into any other way.

Also, do I see right there is a 3.5" flex foam rotary backing plate between your DeWalt and Makita? Do you mind me asking where you got it? I have been looking for one for a while now.
            Thanks Zoran!

Most of my extenders are actually from 3M. The 3" backing plate is from SM Arnold. I really love the plate when combined with the 3M 3" polishing pads! If I can not get into a spot with the rotary and 3" plate, then I switch to my small air polisher.

Take care,

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
              Ah, the Master returns...

How's things been Tim? Good to see you're still around! The shine, depth, gloss and "wetness" on all of those vehicles is absolutely incredible! I can't thank you enough for all of the tips and recommendations you've given me (still need to get some M03 Haven't forgotten about that one)!

I remember all of the pictures from your detailing threads. Those trucks were messes when you got them, and now they look newer than new!

Again, good seeing you around here Tim!

Tyler
              Hey Tyler,

Things are going quite well! Lots of stuff going on behind the scenes!

I remember making that suggestion to you and yes...you still need to get some M03!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post

I also have a few other projects that will be coming up. Some will include sanding and buff outs as well as a few special interest "vehicles".

Tim, I've always been a big fan of your write-ups. Can't wait to hear about what you have been up to!
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Tim,

Thanks for sharing all that info. I always enjoyed reading your posts. There is always information to be gained from your write ups. You have always been there helping us. I know I have personally learned quite a bit from your posts.

Can't wait to read about your future projects coming up.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this with us.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but just wanna give props on your collection and the work you accomplish with them...very nice...i'll be looking for more of your threads/posts on here...with 4,600 posts, it shouldnt be too hard to find lol
                    Wills Amstutz
                    Windows And Wheels Auto Detailing LLC
                    www.WindowsAndWheels.com

'Like' Us On Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post
                      I know this is an old thread, but just wanna give props on your collection and the work you accomplish with them...very nice...i'll be looking for more of your threads/posts on here...with 4,600 posts, it shouldnt be too hard to find lol
                      Just to add.. His experience, knowledge, and demeanor is one thing I personally appreciate, and I always look forward to his threads and write-ups. Bring back Tim as a Moderator!

Comment

Tim is a great asset to this forum.

Looking forward to reading his future reviews.
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                          I am so jealous of your collection!!
                          I'm much more jealous of your knowledge and skills. Very cool for a beginner like myself to see such an awesome display of tools and the end results of knowing how to use them.

Thanks for going through the effort to compile a lot of your threads. I've read a few already, I'll enjoy reading the rest. I'm actually going to bookmark this thread so I don't lose track of it.

Thanks Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post
                            I'm much more jealous of your knowledge and skills. Very cool for a beginner like myself to see such an awesome display of tools and the end results of knowing how to use them.

Thanks for going through the effort to compile a lot of your threads. I've read a few already, I'll enjoy reading the rest. I'm actually going to bookmark this thread so I don't lose track of it.

Thanks Tim
                            You know you could just 'subscribe' to this tread and receive instant email notifications anytime anyone replies to it...thats what i do
                            Wills Amstutz
                            Windows And Wheels Auto Detailing LLC
                            www.WindowsAndWheels.com

'Like' Us On Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post
                              You know you could just 'subscribe' to this tread and receive instant email notifications anytime anyone replies to it...thats what i do
                              Good tip. That makes much more sense. :-)

thanks WW&W

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Davidson View Post

Thanks Tim

Hey Bill,

Thank you for the kind comments! I am just glad that my threads are/were able to help someone obtain the best paint finish possible or at least a good understanding of the product which I reviewed.

I have placed a link in my signature for some of my reviews and write-ups. Again, I hope it helps...

Also, congrats on opening an online detailing store in Canada!

Take care,
                                Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');