• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT or #20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT or #20

Hi guys, i plan on getting my Ranger ready for a nice NEW HAMPSHIRE winter, was planning on claying,and 80, I just cant decide if i should use Nxt or #20

Re: NXT or #20

NXT offers better protection than M20 per R&D but M20 is no slouch.

M20 is a light cleaner/wax so it's also great for a maintenance wax if you don't get back to the car as often as you wish.

Both waxes should be applied using thin coats and allowed to fully dry before wiping off. Cleaner/waxes tend to wipe off very easy when used correctly and allowed to dry and that is the case with M20 as it does wipe off very easily.

I'll let others chime in with their opinions or recommendations as to which one to use...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I would go with NXT 2.0. You can't beat the shine or the protection!! And it's easy to use!!

Comment

NXT or #21.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          NXT offers better protection than M20 per R&D but M20 is no slouch.

I'll let others chime in with their opinions or recommendations as to which one to use...
          I've been away from this forum for a while until recently so I'll have to assume you're referring to the newer version 2.0 of NXT, which I have no experience with.

But the original version of NXT Tech Wax just doesn't come close to the durability of #20 Polymer Sealant, in my experience (harsh CDN winters).

So I guess the order would go like (most durable to least):
          NXT 2.0 > M20 > NXT (original)

If you add #26 Hi-Tech Yellow in to the mix then I'd say:
          NXT 2.0 > M20 > M26 > NXT (original)

I don't know where M16 fits in there yet, but I've currently got M16 on my wife's daily driver and M26 on my daily driver, and we're just heading into the start of our winter season so I'll get to find out.

Comment

I would use the M20 for a cleaner/base coat, and top it with some NXT 2.0 12 hours later. But that's just *me*

Comment

sorry should of mentioned, i'll be using the orginal version of nxt, think i'll go with a coat of 20,and 2 of nxt. Would adding a coat of 26 add to the protection?

Comment

Well, I think the durability of Nxt 2.0 or#21v2.0 is pretty impressive. That last a long time in the hot Florida weather.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by nhdetail View Post
                  sorry should of mentioned, i'll be using the orginal version of nxt, think i'll go with a coat of 20,and 2 of nxt. Would adding a coat of 26 add to the protection?
                  If those are the products you own, I'd skip the NXT (original) for winter and instead recommend #20 topped with #26, or either one of those two by itself.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Do you plan on washing/waxing during the winter? If you do you will be fine with NXT or 20. If you do not, Id suggest using some Collinite 476s double wax topped with the NXT. The Collinite will last through the NH winter. I use the NXT in the summer time but for the winters around here we need something that is gonna last a while due to the amount of salt on the roads. Only reason I use this is because my truck only gets rinsed at the spray bay once and a while during the winter to get the salt off. Otherwise its NXT all summer for me.
                    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
                      d suggest using some Collinite 476s double wax topped with the NXT. The Collinite will last through the NH winter.
                      NXT has cleaners that will remove the 476. NXT lasts a while, while the water beading ends pretty fast, it hangs around for quite a while longer. You will be fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by yakky View Post
                        NXT has cleaners that will remove the 476. NXT lasts a while, while the water beading ends pretty fast, it hangs around for quite a while longer. You will be fine with it.
                        Of course, if I had a tin of 476 laying around, I imagine I'd go with two coats of that for the winter months, as it's reputed to be the most durable carnauba hybrid on the market. And I agree about not topping it with NXT, though one might top NXT with 476. I confess, however, that I find the practice of topping one wax with a different wax to be "confusing," but I don't have any experience by which to judge the practice.
                        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                        --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                          Of course, if I had a tin of 476 laying around, I imagine I'd go with two coats of that for the winter months, as it's reputed to be the most durable carnauba hybrid on the market. And I agree about not topping it with NXT, though one might top NXT with 476. I confess, however, that I find the practice of topping one wax with a different wax to be "confusing," but I don't have any experience by which to judge the practice.
                          Yeah, I'm really starting to come around to Mike's view that topping is a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');