• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grit Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grit Guard

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
    I would not say that they are to big for a five gallon bucket. I purchased one of my buckets from advanced auto parts, and the other 2 buckets are soap buckets from my daughters work. The grit guards all fit perfectly. No trimming was required.
    Well alright then, a lot of people seemed to be trimming theirs to fit. Thanks for your response.
    Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
    Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

The buckets that have the company logo at Menards are the correct size for the grit guard without cutting. Paul
      Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
      317-513-4678

Comment

I dont have mine handy, but someone could probably measure across it for you....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          I dont have mine handy, but someone could probably measure across it for you....
          The site says it will work with any bucket with a 12" diameter.
          Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
          Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

Ok thanks for all of the help... my buckets are pretty wide but short.
            Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Funkster View Post
              I plan on buying a couple of grit guards in the near future. The idea is actually pretty creative and very useful. So is the consensus that they are too big for standard size five gallon buckets?
              Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
              10 7/8" Fit perfectly in a 5 gallon bucket like you can get at the big orange box (aka Home depot)
              I think you will find they are just right for five gallon buckets. I had to trim mine because I bought 3.5 gallon buckets. I needed smaller buckets so I could store them neatly in a spot under my workbench. The GG's would have fit easily in the 5 gallon buckets I looked at, they were just too tall for my needs.

Mike
              Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

The ones that I got fit perfectly into my 5 gallon buckets. After trying several different methods and not knowing what I was doing, I finally learned the 2 bucket system with the grit guard. I have taught my whole family to wash cars this way and we don't have paint damage or water spot issues anymore.
                Well, except one. The one time that I bought a wool wash mitt and the wool came off while the family was washing a car. The hood and tailgate were both severly scratched from the leather backing rubbing on the paint. Not a good day. I would never recommend any wool mitt. I now use the Meguiar's Body bushes and mircofiber wash mitts.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');