• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

acid rain etched Skyline R34 from japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: acid rain etched Skyline R34 from japan

Here's one of your images in full size...

Your posting pictures of the thumbnails, instead, click on the thumbnail and this will bring up the full size image, then right click on the image and snag the URL Address and copy and paste it into the box that pulls up when you click on this button in the text formatting options above where you type your message.

Once you do it right once or twice it will make sense to you and this is how most all forums work.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

From the first page of this thread...

Originally posted by grafxworld View Post
      also the flat surfaced on the hood and roof, rear wing and trunk have the same issues and im tired of testing everything , the megulars consumer products help but still wont cut thru it to make a good shine. mothers products didnt help either.
      i do have a buffer and a megulars med cut im trying but it leaves lots of swirls and im afraid to cut thru the clear coat ,

M01 Medium Cut Cleaner is only for use with a rotary buffer, not sure what kind of buffer you're using so just be aware.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      You're best best is going to be to use M105 Ultra Cut Compound by hand and carefully work the Type II Water Spots or Etchings out of the paint.

If you can't locate M105 then you can try ScratchX or Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, both are paint cleaners and if you work small areas at a time you may be able to remove the water spot etchings. It depends upon,

How deep the water spot etchings are
      How hard or soft the paint is
      Your technique - You don't just spread a paint cleaner over the paint like a wax you have to work it over the paint and only work small sections at a time.

Give one of the above options a try and let us know how it turns out. Another option, the most effective option is to step up to machine cleaning and polishing and let the machine do all the work.

If you want to go this route let us know we can help you chose the right polisher, pads and tools to do the job right the first time.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

went to the shop but they couldnt get the m105 in oz yet, the rep was called but he doesnt' have his hands on it in country yet? scratch X was tried multiple times to no avail.?
        why does megulars hold back on products so much, i noticed complaints about that from other countries as well.

PS im from denver origanally so worse case is to have my mom pick it up and ship it to me ?

Comment

why does megulars hold back on products so much, i noticed complaints about that from other countries as well.
          All our International Distributors are in charge of their own inventories, that is what they import and what they don't import. If you've ever owned your own business then you can understand the costs involved with importing multiple products and then warehousing them until they sell and all the risk and hopefully reward involved with owning your own business. M105 is a relatively new product so it may take some time for it to get picked up by our International Distributors.

PS
          im from denver origanally so worse case is to have my mom pick it up and ship it to me ?
          That might be your best option at this time.

ScratchX is a great paint cleaner but also limited in what it can do, part of this has to do with the paint systems car manufactures use and we have no control over that, you'll have to take that up with the manufacture of your car. Modern clear coat paints tend to be harder and more difficult to remove defects out of compared to old fashioned enamels and lacquer paints.

Modern paints will tend to last longer than old style single stage paints but one of the trade-offs appears to be that they are harder to work on.

Again, not Meguiar's fault... Just read this forum for any length of time and you'll see a lot of post by people struggling and frustrated with trying to remove below surface defects like swirls, scratches and water spots out of their car's clear coat finish.

That's why DA Polishers have become so popular over the last 15+ years as machine cleaning and polishing is more effective than your 4 fingers pushing down on some kind of wax applicator pad.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike , Ive tried the rotary buffer (the cost of DA in Oz is high)with med cut cleaner, and deep crystal cleaners, clay bars of two diff grits and 2 tubes of scratch x, great products . but it still doesn't shine like the sides of the car. scratch x should come with all used cars...lol miracle product. and i use NXT 2.0 wax and show car glaze.
            and ive tried the scratch x by hand a few times, helped but still nothing like the sides of the car shine up? overall the paint looks fine and wasn't oxidized much. im trying to land some m105 from the rep here , he ordered it i guess, see how long it takes to get it .
            ive noticed a mild yellowing on the front airdam, i think it may have been resprayed to touch up chips. is there a good product to cut the yellowing out. mostly a dirty look to the paint around headlamps etc? and the plastic leanse of the headlamps frosts up quick even after using the plastic polish product and some nxt to protect them.. my supra does it too? any ideas to save the plastic hazing up so easy /? the sun ,heat in oz is alot more intense then the usa. the sun travels over adelaide directly due to the earths tilt and since we have salt air 100% some days and outback heat = 120+, it's a perfect test of products, megulars is the only one to trust here. the other so called majors dont even provide much more then a days worth of protection here. an the green shell product !!!!,,, fail in hours and looks horrible..lol , i would never touch it but friends do and can't figure out why my car looks like glass for weeks when theres goes off on a weekend. a true testament to megulars to say the least.

i know this is a bit off topic but is there a secret to keeping the tire gel from flinging off the tires? i tried applying it, letting it soak in then buff off with old towel. and also applying then rinsing off with water to try toeven out the shine a bit. but the stuff still flings off the tires from lettering on the tires? unless i dry the lettering with a q-tip? which would take forever.

oh and another thing it smells horrible if you leave the rags in the trunk in the heat for a day after applying it.. lol (the grape smell goes sour like a chicken in the sun smell. so dont spill it in your trunk.)

this forum rocks

Comment

ive noticed a mild yellowing on the front airdam, i think it may have been resprayed to touch up chips. is there a good product to cut the yellowing out. mostly a dirty look to the paint around headlamps etc?
              It's likely the yellowing you describe is throughout the layer of clear, not just on the surface of the clear, if that's the case the only thing you can do is remove the re-spray paint and have the component painted again with a clear that won't turn yellow.

and the plastic leanse of the headlamps frosts up quick even after using the plastic polish product and some nxt to protect them.. my supra does it too? any ideas to save the plastic hazing up so easy /? the sun ,heat in oz is alot more intense then the usa. the sun travels over adelaide directly due to the earths tilt and since we have salt air 100% some days and outback heat = 120+, it's a perfect test of products, megulars is the only one to trust here. the other so called majors dont even provide much more then a days worth of protection here. an the green shell product !!!!,,, fail in hours and looks horrible..lol , i would never touch it but friends do and can't figure out why my car looks like glass for weeks when theres goes off on a weekend. a true testament to megulars to say the least.
              On a used car, if the plastic lenses are turning clouding or hazy, there's probably nothing short of replacing them that's going to be a perfect fix.

PlastX is good but the power of the sun is kind of overwhelming for any component and any product.

i know this is a bit off topic but is there a secret to keeping the tire gel from flinging off the tires?
              If you have product slinging off, that's a sign there's excess product on the tire. How else could product sling off? Try applying less and wiping any excess off with a clean towel.

oh and another thing it smells horrible if you leave the rags in the trunk in the heat for a day after applying it.. lol (the grape smell goes sour like a chicken in the sun smell. so dont spill it in your trunk.)
              Don't leave the rag in the trunk?

Best of luck to you...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');