• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Question on Interior Vinyl/Plastic (APC+NaturalShine+QID?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question on Interior Vinyl/Plastic (APC+NaturalShine+QID?)

Hey everybody,

I've been lurking on MOL forums for some time now and I couldn't find a thread that was related to my question. Here goes...

I've been using Turtle Wax F21 Protectant for 3 years on the interior vinyl/plastic on my '00 Honda Accord.

I am planning on switching to the Meguiars brand from now on because of their high quality products & reputation.

I plan on using the Natural Shine Vinyl/Rubber Protectant and then use the QID in between for touch ups on the interior. (I prefer the matte finish on my interior & tires).

Since I've been using Turtle Wax F21 Protectant, do I need to use some sort of a cleaner to get rid of it before I apply the Natural Shine? Maybe an APC?

I'm thinking that I need to remove the Turtle Wax F21 Protectant first and then apply Meguiar's Natural Shine. Is my thought process correct?

Or can I just switch to the Natural Shine without cleaning up the previous layer of Turtle Wax F21 Protectant?

On a side note: I have found so much useful information on MOL. I have officially switched to Meguiars products. My first buy was the Meguiars Clay Bar System when I had to clean tree sap off of my car and I was suprised that it did such a good job.

I am now a believer of Meguiars products

Re: Newbie Question on Interior Vinyl/Plastic (APC+NaturalShine+QID?)

If you want to switch dressings then in a perfect world you would clean the vinyl first and the apply the new type of dressing.

You could probably get away with using QID and something like a small terry cloth towel to apply, work in and wipe off the QID and after one or two applications of this product go ahead and apply the Natural Shine.

It's going to be pretty hard to remove any dressing that's penetrated into the vinyl, (to whatever degree this has taken place), so most of your cleaning with no matter what you use to clean with is going to be mostly topical.

You could also use a dedicated vinyl cleaner like our M3916 Vinyl Cleaner

#39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Or depending upon the look you like, you might decide that QID is all you need. I first tried it about 4 months ago and now have 4 bottles at home. It quickly became one of my favorite products because it simply give you the clean look the car came with (although if you want more of a glossy finish then Natural Shine or maybe even M40).
      ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I'd give the 39 a go. When I clean my tonneau cover on my truck, I always do the 39 first then I top it with the 40. Works great for me.
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

You could also use a dedicated vinyl cleaner like our M3916 Vinyl Cleaner

#39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner
          This info helps. I think I may just buy the #39 and then switch over to Natural Shine & QID.

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your quick response!

And another shoutout to Jokeman & 3Fitty.

Comment

I recently did the same thing as you. I switched over to Natural shine for a much more "natural" look and feel. I hated the wet, gooy (is that a word) feel. First I clean up the interior with QID, then use Natural Shine (gives it a nice, light shine). I also love the look the Natural Shine gives my tires. It's a great product for my expectations!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');