• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will clay bar remove haze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: will clay bar remove haze?

I cleaned the car real good, waxed it, let it dry, then buffed. Did this again last night and the car looked great. Took it out today and by the time I got home it looks the same. I'm using very little wax, buffing it off after completely dry. Just for kicks I took a temp reading on it and my hood is at 161 degrees (black hood in the desert with sun on it) and the wax "smears" when I touch it. It acts like I have too much on it but I put it on almost dry. Maybe I should go back to using the #26 wax?
    too many cars, not enough time.....

Comment

Re: will clay bar remove haze?

I let it cool in the shop and took some detailer to it (couldn't see the hazing when cool). After going over the hood I backed it out into the sun and it looked great till it heated up and the hazing was back only the pattern had changed like I was just pushing it around. I have very little wax on this so I don't think it is over waxed. It just doesn't seem to like temps over 150 degrees
      too many cars, not enough time.....

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');