• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tint concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tint concerns

I recently had tint put on my car. it was somewhat costly I know windex and window cleaners will fade the tint but I want to know will deep crystal or gold class car wash formulas will fade or streak my tint and also will the spray waxes and quick detailer will the nxt gen fade it?

if anyone has use these product please let me know
    Walt-B.
    Green Lantern
    Most Wanted Underground League

Re: tint concerns

All of the Megs products you listed will not harm your tint but i was curious and want to ask why you asked about those products because they are meant for the exterior paint and the tint is usually put on the inside of the car not the outside so these products would not touch the tint when washing waxing ect... Were you planning on using one of them to clean the inside of the window where the tint is? if so i would recommend NXT Glass Cleaner. It is a great product that i use on a daily basis and will not harm or streak your tint.
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Technically, what I've been told, any glass cleaner without ammonia will not harm tint.

The items you listed, as Derrick mentioned, are for outside use.

Some over the counter, easy to find, tint safe glass cleaners are Eagle One 50/50 glass cleaner, Stoners Glass Cleaner, Rain X, Armor All Glass Cleaner and Meguiars NXT Glass Cleaner. Of course that list grows if you order online.

Comment

That's correct, you don't want to use ammonia on tint film. Any of the Meguiars glass cleaners are perfectly safe on tint film. I have tinted windows that cost plenty and never have had any problems using Megs products on them. I am totally sold on the Detailer Line Glass Cleaner Concentrate. I wouldn't use anything else.
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

from what I've used, Stoner's window cleaner is the best, I need to try NXT window cleaner

the tint should be on the inside, so washing the car wont damage it
          2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mustang View Post
            from what I've used, Stoner's window cleaner is the best, I need to try NXT window cleaner

Personally, I like the NXT better for glass cleaning...Every time I've used Stoner's on the exterior glass, the stuff foams up like a dog with rabies, then dries up before I can wipe it off. NXT doesn't. Maybe it's because it's just a trigger spray bottle, rather than an aerosol can? I'm not exactly sure, but it works for me. The only "complaint" (if you can call it that) is trying to find the NXT at the local Kragen, Pep Boys, or Autozone...It's usually got an empty spot on the shelf because it's very popular stuff.

Don't be afraid to use the NXT or Stoner's on your tinted glass...I used to use it all the time on my tinted windows, with no ill effects. I learned very quickly not to use ammonia based products on tint after my dad took the tint off of his truck windows. He simply sprayed some Windex that contained ammonia straight on the inside glass, and it peeled right off (the tint had bubbles in it and was starting to peel along the top of the window edges).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mustang View Post

Try NXT glass cleaner or the Meg's Detailer Line. They are both a lot better than the Stoners stuff.
              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprzout View Post
                Personally, I like the NXT better for glass cleaning...Every time I've used Stoner's on the exterior glass, the stuff foams up like a dog with rabies, then dries up before I can wipe it off. NXT doesn't. Maybe it's because it's just a trigger spray bottle, rather than an aerosol can?
                I previously used Stoner's IG in the aerosol can until they came out with the spray bottle version. The spray bottle IG is much better IMO. It's great stuff and I had been using it exclusively until I bought some NXT Glass Cleaner from ADS a few weeks ago. Now it's NXT for me but I still use IG for all the glass in my home such as windows, mirrors, microwave door, etc.

It's too soon for me to tell if NXT is actually superior to IG but so far it's doing a great job and it has a very nice smell, which IG does not. I see they have wipes now too but I haven't tried them. (Not a big fan of wipes)

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');