• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pollen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollen

What can I do to stop pollen from sticking to my car? It's annoying after I wash it and the next day my car is bright yellow!

Re: Pollen

Car cover?
    Park inside?
    Invisible Force Field? (if you find one let us know, we really want one of these )

Maybe UQD or M135 as these products make the paint very slick. Besides this, not much you can do about what's drifting around in the air.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      Car cover?
      Park inside?
      Invisible Force Field? (if you find one let us know, we really want one of these )

Maybe UQD or M135 as these products make the paint very slick. Besides this, not much you can do about what's drifting around in the air.

Mike you forget #4 Purchase a Yellow Car?

Comment

Other Than Cover Or Parking Inside, Nothing. Uqd Will Not Help Keep It Off Or Make The Surface Less Sticky So That The Pollen Blows Off.

Comment

I've been looking for this as well, can't find nothing, not even on ebay

Comment

The pollen is currently insane here. It rained yesterday and the stuff was actually building up around the windows on my jeep and on the cowl. I washed one of our Jeeps today and before I could even dry it I saw pollen sticking to the water.

Its in the garage now but its still covered in pollen from the door being open. There is really nothing you can do about it while everything is blooming out.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
              I've been looking for this as well, can't find nothing, not even on ebay
              I swear i found one on ebay a few weeks ago but i was outbid

On a serious note the only thing i can think of is to invest in a portable garage. You can buy them at some local hardware stores and i know i found one at a Pepboys. They are basically like a regular canopy but with walls on all sides and you can park your car in it and detail it in there or just use it as a garage and some of them have a zipper for the front so you can totally enclose the vehicle. They run around 250 to 300 if i remember correctly
              here is a pic of something similar but depending on the vehicle size they do have larger ones
              ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
              Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
              210-281-8151

Comment

Pollen is nasty stuff. It is covered in sharp points which help it adhere to surfaces it touches. It will scratch paint if rubbed hard enough. Here is a pic of a pine pollen grain.

Here is a pic of various pollens.

I always wash it off.....never QD.
                Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lightning View Post
                  Pollen is nasty stuff. It is covered in sharp points which help it adhere to surfaces it touches. It will scratch paint if rubbed hard enough. Here is a pic of a pine pollen grain.

I always wash it off.....never QD.

At least it comes off easily during the first pre-rinse.
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post

I saw this in a Maserati Dealer once, very nice!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');