• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shining up Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shining up Red

Well my bright red ranger's new hood and tailgate have cured for 30 days! Time for a massive detail. (I am scared because I am excited) I was just wondering what is a good combo for red paint. The car has minor cobwebbing caused by bodyshop's crack employees.

Equipment:
    PC with polishing and finishing pads (no cutting).
    GC
    NXT

This is what I plan on doing after wash:

#9 (polishing pad)
    #81(finishing pad)
    NXT or GC (need help)
    #26 (after at least a day)

Any suggestions will be very appreciated !
    I sometimes judge people by the cleanliness of their car.
    Take the Car Crazy Test

I noticed that you didn't have any #80...I like to use this product on uncured and cured paint. It will not disappoint.
    r. b.

Comment

I did my Red '97 Pont Grand Prix about 2 weeks ago.

Wash
      NXT * 2 (12 hrs between)

Turned out great!! ( applied with PC ) I had clayed the whole car beginning of July so didn't need that step.

I had major swirling and this was my first shot with #83. That stuff is nothing short of AWESOME!! I had used #9 previously, and altho it worked pretty good, just wasnt aggressive enuf to remove the swirls.

Comment

I just finished detailing my Red 91 MR2. (see pics in this thread http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...&threadid=2188)

I washed with NXT (2 bucket method)
        Clayed with Quik Clay
        Cleaned with MPPC (via PC)
        Polished with #81 (via PC)
        Waxed with NXT (x2)

On red, or any dark colors, this is a good combo. I used to use #26 as I liked the darkening effect but now I use NXT and refresh my finish after every wash or two with NXT Tech Booster Spray Wax. This refresh keeps my car looking and feeling "just waxed" and only takes 20-30 minutes to do.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');