• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC Pads Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Pads Question...

Hello everyone, i am the new owner of the Meguiars PC. My next question now is what pads shoudl i get?? She came with a W8006 i believe. So my question is that i am going to be doing waxing polishing, cleaning, and blah blah blah, so what pads should i get? i was goign to get a W9006 FInishing pad, my question is, what does the Cutting pad do, and what should you use it for, and the polishing pad is for applying wax i assume?!?! And also teh ultimate bonnet whats that?

THANKS!!
    Last edited by spotdog14; Jul 23, 2004, 12:36 PM.
    2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Re: PC Pads Question...

Originally posted by spotdog14
    Hello everyone, i am the new owner of the Meguiars PC. My next question now is what pads shoudl i get?? She came with a W8006 i believe. So my question is that i am going to be doing waxing polishing, cleaning, and blah blah blah, so what pads should i get? i was goign to get a W9006 FInishing pad, my question is, what does the Cutting pad do, and what should you use it for, and the polishing pad is for applying wax i assume?!?! And also teh ultimate bonnet whats that?

THANKS!!
    Hi SpotDog,

I would use the 8006 pad for the bulk of your cleaning chores, and as you said, the 9006 pad is for last step products, such as NXT, and can also be used for pure polishes.

Be sure buy more pads, as you will need a dedicated pad for each product...There is a part # for (2) 8006, & (1) 9006 pad combo for about $25.00 from Meguiars, but I can't find my consumer catalog to give it to you just yet...(Call Meguiars and ask about it.)

As for the 7006 cutting pad, I have 2 of them for tough jobs, but I hear some say that it is not a good idea to use this pad with a PC, as it will dull the finish somewhat.

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have one for a badly scratched, or oxidized finish, but I don't think that I would use it on a mildly scratched car.
    r. b.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');