• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collection Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection Recommendations

Anythng you think I should add?
    I know I'm getting some of Meg's Marine Wax and Quick Clay soon.

Keep in mind I am 16 so it's not a huge collection but its growing.

*Yes.. You'll have to horizontal scroll.

Hi rpm.

Based on what you were planning on purchasing from your post in the SHOW forum I had these thoughts.

Look at what you get for your money with the New Products Collection NPROD04. It might influence your buying decision. With the NPROD04 order comes free shipping for any other items you add to the order.

Also the Residue Removal Kit RESREM03 is a great value. It contains #39 and #40. Arguably the best vinyl cleaner/conditioner and protection products anywhere.

#83 DACP is excellent. I also can highly recommend #82 Swirl Free Polish and #81 Pro Hand Polish. Both #83 and #82 are for PC or rotary use only. You didn't say if you had one so ignore this comment if you do.

You should be sure to have enough applicators and pads too. BTW, one Ultimate Wipe is really not enough.

Hope you enjoy your new products. Here is some of my growing collection.

Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the reply..
      In SHOW a user said it appeared I had some cobwebs and he needed direct sun shots so I will do that tommorow.

It's just gets a bit confusing sometimes don't you agree?

But let's just take this slow and easy..
      I have cobwebs or I might.. What would get rid of them?

Anything in my arsenal or no?

I am going to pick up some of the polish.. something glaze that I saw at PepBoys as well as the Swirl Remover 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by rpm
        Thanks for the reply..
        In SHOW a user said it appeared I had some cobwebs and he needed direct sun shots so I will do that tommorow.

It's just gets a bit confusing sometimes don't you agree?

But let's just take this slow and easy..
        I have cobwebs or I might.. What would get rid of them?

Anything in my arsenal or no?

I am going to pick up some of the polish.. something glaze that I saw at PepBoys as well as the Swirl Remover 2.0.
        From what I see, ColorX would probably be the most likely product you have on the shelf. You could try DC31 and DC#2 but they are not very aggressive and probably wouldn't remove your cobwebs. #9 Swirl Remover 2.0 would work as well. If it were me I'd grab #83 and follow it with #82 then #81. Another alternative would be to use #80 but Speed Glaze dries white. It leaves a lot of white residue (dust) which is my main reason for not using it.

It is not so confusing after you are working with these products for a while.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

I already did a application of ColorX via my old Craftsman Buffer/Polisher..

Should I try it by hand and how should Swirl Remover 2.0 be applied plus do you think it will do the job fine?

Also should I pick up some of that polish I saw in PepBoys it was the only polish from Professional line but I cant remember what it was.. Maybe #7.. Show Car Glaze or something.

Comment

The job or service your trying to do should determine what products you buy. Buy each product as you need to meet your needs. Buy what you need because you need it and not to make your shelf look cool.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by rpm
              I already did a application of ColorX via my old Craftsman Buffer/Polisher..

Should I try it by hand and how should Swirl Remover 2.0 be applied plus do you think it will do the job fine?

Also should I pick up some of that polish I saw in PepBoys it was the only polish from Professional line but I cant remember what it was.. Maybe #7.. Show Car Glaze or something.
              First thing I'd do is ColorX by hand and see if that clears up most of the cobwebs and swirls. If you don't have a halogen work light try backing the car out into the sun for a minute to check your progress. Do a 2'x2' area at a time and check if the cobwebs are being removed. Use a foam or terrycloth applicator and be sure to remove residue with a high quality MF so that you are not introducing new problems. Try using back and forth motion when applying and removing polish.
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

I Know

I use everything on my shelf

Okay.. So can I apply Color X by hand over my layer of NXT Tech Wax? If so should I when I am done top it again with NXT Tech Wax then possibily even Hi-Tech Yellow Wax for gloss.

Comment

Re: I Know

Originally posted by rpm
                  I use everything on my shelf

Okay.. So can I apply Color X by hand over my layer of NXT Tech Wax? If so should I when I am done top it again with NXT Tech Wax then possibily even Hi-Tech Yellow Wax for gloss.
                  I'd first concentrate on seeing how effective ColorX is in correcting your issues. If it is not up to the task there is no reason to do the whole vehicle. If it does remove or reduce the problem then I would follow up with NXT. I'd probably reapply another coat of NXT the following day.

Topping NXT with #26. Try doing this on half of your hood and see what it looks like. Can you see the difference?
                  Jim
                  My Gallery

Comment

Hi rpm,

I know it has been said already, but please limit your photos to 600 pixels wide. Thanks.

Tim
                    Mod.
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');