• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb Skin

I had a chance to try my lamb skin wash mitt today I picked up from Walmart. I heard they were decent and for 4.99 I thought I'd give it a try. Sadly the results were awful. I used Megiuars Gold Class car wash and the lamb skin mitt then sprayed some Mr.Clean spot free finish on it. It appears the swirls marks have gotten worse from the lamb skin. So has anyone tried/use a mircofiber mitt, and how well does it work?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Boosted57; Jul 22, 2004, 05:29 PM.

I have had good luck with that kind of wash mit (my black car shows ANY mark on the paint). It could be that there was a wax coat that was removed by the soap. The swirls look relatively minor so it is possible that a wax was just covering them up. I would wash the mit thoroughly and try it again on a test surface with soap.
    I sometimes judge people by the cleanliness of their car.
    Take the Car Crazy Test

Comment

Here's your pic. Like Newly C C said, those swirls aren't that bad, a few minutes work with some #83 (or even #82) with a PC or Scratch-X by hand should remove them.

Last edited by Don; Jul 22, 2004, 06:53 PM.
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');