• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just used Cleaner Wax. Now what do I use for a really good shine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just used Cleaner Wax. Now what do I use for a really good shine?

Good afternoon All,

I just purchased a 96 Ford Taurus with 152K miles on it, with a relatively good exterior. Wanting to make it look much better than the $1,800 I paid for it, I purchased some Meguires Car Wash and Cleaner Wax and used a Schlegel Buffing Wheel with 8" Foam Pad to clean the surface after I washed the car. WOW! What a difference. (I love seeing a car during a rain storm after it has been properly cleaned. The water beading off the finish is a beautiful sight to see!!!!!)

Now, my question is this: Of all the products out there, is there anything else I can add on top of this to REALLY bring out the shine and protect the finish? Or is the Cleaner Wax sufficient?

Thanks for your input.
    -Brett Lawrence
    Michigan

Well this is a question of how hardcore you want to become lol. If you want to add a nice "pop", I would add a coat of NXT wax. If you want to really make it shine, I would buy Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, strip your cleaner wax, polish with Deep Crystal polish, and then top with NXT. You are probably fine with a coat of NXT over the cleaner though.
    I sometimes judge people by the cleanliness of their car.
    Take the Car Crazy Test

Comment

Just used Cleaner Wax. Now what do I use for a really good shine?

Good afternoon All,

I just purchased a 96 Ford Taurus with 152K miles on it, with a relatively good exterior. Wanting to make it look much better than the $1,800 I paid for it, I purchased some Meguires Car Wash and Cleaner Wax and used a Schlegel Buffing Wheel with 8" Foam Pad to clean the surface after I washed the car. WOW! What a difference. (I love seeing a car during a rain storm after it has been properly cleaned. The water beading off the finish is a beautiful sight to see!!!!!)

Now, my question is this: Of all the products out there, is there anything else I can add on top of this to REALLY bring out the shine and protect the finish? Or is the Cleaner Wax sufficient?

Thanks for your input.
      -Brett Lawrence
      Michigan

Comment

pop till you drop.....

what's the color of your car?

alltough i like nxt tech wax,i also like gold class wax,this is a bit more deeper or wet look shine on dark colored cars( in my opinion)
        and it tops good on a coat of cleaner wax or color x.

bye

Rick

Comment

Get some #16 or #26
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

If you use a cleaner wax you get an OK cleaner with OK protection. It is a good quick maintenance product for a finish that is already pretty good.

If you want to clean better and protect better, you are going to want to use a seperate product to do each job.

Determine which cleaner will meet your needs then make sure to use it correctly. Follow it with a polish or go straight to protection.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hey brettjoe,

I have merged your same two threads together into this one. Please do not double post.

Otherwise, the other posters seemed have given really good advice!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

just waxed a 97 black cadddy with cleaner wax and topped with NXT..looked great...used my PC..but was amazed how well the cleaner wax removed/filled majority of swirls...NXT hid even more...wish i had my digi cam with me..

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');