• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat pads vs. concave pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat pads vs. concave pads?

Mike, Tim and others.

I have used both flat (Mequiar's) and concave (CMA) pads on my pc. I really can't tell if there is any difference in performance other than the flat pads seem to collect more product in the center of the pad.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each style?

Does one type of pad perform better on a rotary than a pc?

Tom

Re: Flat pads vs. concave pads?

Originally posted by tguil
    Mike, Tim and others.

I have used both flat (Meguiar's) and concave (CMA) pads on my pc. I really can't tell if there is any difference in performance other than the flat pads seem to collect more product in the center of the pad.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each style?

Does one type of pad perform better on a rotary than a pc?

Tom
    In the big picture, which pad you choose to use will be a matter of your own personal preference. Meguiar's introduced our first foam buffing pad in 1965 called the Wooless Wonder,

Every since then to date, all of our foam pads have shared the same flat design. As for all the other copies of our foam pad that have a different shape, once you apply enough pressure to actually do some work, all designs become flat.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The advantages of a concave pad are more for rotary buffers to contain splatter, specially when reducing pressure going over an edge where you don't want to buff as hard or at all. I seriously doubt it makes any difference on a DA buffer as splatter is not as much of an issue.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');