• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black rubber seals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black rubber seals??

Okay, I am a newbie to detailing. I do the occasional wash and wax job on my new car. My question is, I have black door handles, and black rubber seals all the way around my car and when I waxed it, I apparently got some wax on them. Now I have these white spots on them and they don't seem to rub off with a towel..Anyone know how to get rid of these? Thanks.
    2004 Chevy Cavalier
    2.2 Ecotec

My Car Domain Page
    ClubECM Forum

Hi:

These are the products that you are looking for.

Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner (#40)

Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner (#39)

The #40 will usually remove it. If it particularly heavy or has been baked on you may need the #39.

More than one application may be needed to completely remove it.

Here is the link to the product at the Meguiar's store.

KTruck
    Make it Shine

Comment

Follow-up Note

Hi:

You may want to try NXT wax in the future. The NXT is also really easy to buff off, takes some of the work out of waxing your vehicle.

It does not stain rubber trim. When I am waxing with NXT, if I accidentally touch the rubber trim with it I just immediately wipe it off with a clean towel, no staining problem.

Also, since it is a liquid and you apply it in a thin coat it is easier to apply in tight areas -- like around the door handles.

You can also prevent getting wax on the rubber trim by tapping it off with painters tape before you start.

KTruck
      Make it Shine

Comment

Thanks guys. That is what I wanted to hear. I have been using NXT wax for a while now. I used some RainX wax that worked really good, but some of the wax got baked into my seals by accident. The RainX didn't want to get off..lol
        2004 Chevy Cavalier
        2.2 Ecotec

My Car Domain Page
        ClubECM Forum

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');