• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please explain why so many hours to detail - Clear Coat Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please explain why so many hours to detail - Clear Coat Failure

I picked up my new car on New Year's Eve. I decided to wax it on Saturday the 5th. So, off I went to Wally World & picked up a can of NXT (based soley on my brand recognition of Meguiar's).

I decided to wash/dry, vaccum, wax, and Armor-All (Gasp! Forgive me - I knew not what I did!) not only my new car, but my wife's 2000 Volvo as well. I couldn't believe that this little project took 4-6 hours of my time both Saturday & Sunday.

I can't explain why it took so many hours, but now I'm trying to figure out how I can maintain these 2 cars with only 1 hour per week! I don't have the time to keep this up! And, I've yet to clean & condition the leather in the Volvo or really detail its interior or really clean the wheels....

BTW, I tossed the Armor-All last night.

Comment

Delete me?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Phostenix View Post
        I can't explain why it took so many hours, but now I'm trying to figure out how I can maintain these 2 cars with only 1 hour per week! I don't have the time to keep this up! And, I've yet to clean & condition the leather in the Volvo or really detail its interior or really clean the wheels....
        Once you have read over the threads in your other post some, feel free to start up a thread with your detailing process, should be able to offer some ideas. While the full details take time, by staggering them and doing good maintenance, you shouldnt be too bad off.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

This car took me about 14 hours to do. Both Exterior & interior were worked on. About 8 hours was on the paint alone only because the paint was rather easy to work with otherwise I'm sure it would have taken longer. I agree as others have said. Once you do your first major detail on your car maintaining it will shorten the time it takes to polish & wax your car.
          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');