• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Nxt wax every week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I use Nxt wax every week.

Yeah tht's rite. We all love to detail our rides. Tht's the reason we all use these products too rite. So I'll go on with my quest to get the best shine every single week after week. Hehehe. Tht's the way it is and the only way I'll be happy. Thks guys and gals. TC.

Comment

Someone beat me to it... I would suggest a #21 treatment then NXT or even #16 if you can get it. Personally.... I would go #21 then NXT once a month and use NXT spray wax as a booster between NXT applications. Then again NXT isnt that hard to use so maybe once a month do a #21 + NXT.
      ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
      561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
      --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
      --

Comment

We can't get #21 over here. The best we can get is Nxt and #16. And the consumer line only. Pro line currently only #39 and #16. The shop owner told me tht he intend to in the near future.

Comment

bro, u shud come down to kl and get it then

Comment

Originally posted by bernard78 View Post
            So do you guys think I can use the Nxt wax on my car every week.
            Just a guess here, but I think Barry Meguiar, his family and heirs and all the employees at Meguiar's wouldn't mind if you used Nxt three times a day! ::::: ::::

(Note: For those of you without a sense of humor, that's a joke!)

Comment

Hehehe. you're rite. I think they would love it if all of us do that......Hehehe.... Soon I've make a trip down to KL. Mid Valley rite there's a Ace Hardware shop there rite. Also I saw it in the catalog....Why Carrefour and Giant in S'pore has Meguiars stuff and why not in M'sia? If got then its quite good....

Comment

Bernard, If you wanna get the pro range of product, go PISA , there is a car wash using all Meg to service their customer. You can buy from them too ...
                Is not how you shine your car, Is what you shine your car with

Comment

Yup I went yesterday but Wednesday close. So I'm going over today and see. But nowadays the shop don't carry much stocks. Maybe the KL market have taken all the stocks in M'sia. Hehehe. Thks Vincent.

Comment

Hi bernard78, Ace Hardware in MV sells only full range of consumer line. I got mine from Hypercoat.

Comment

yewps....get from hypercoat straight. i think they are the distributor for megs in malaysia.

Comment

wow..listen to these dudes.... I own a fleet of BLACK limos... car washes use this

EDIT: Bad Language Removed

called "pre-wash" , that will eccentially WIPE all your wax off the car........
                        two products... 3M has this stuff called "GLAZE"... you can get it in hand job form, or "machine" ( should you know how to use a wheel and a foam pad... )
                        Personnaly, I use a 50/50 machine glaze/liquid polish ( 3M ) on a blue foam pad at the lowest RPM my black/decker/snap-on wheel will do...
                        follow up w/ 2 coats of pure caranuba,,, ( cleaner will work..) and my BIG black cars glow in the dark.....

Comment

ugh....NXT is a poly silicone... unless U are using whitewall cleaner to wash your car...not a good idea to use every week. That "silky" feeling you want to keep comes from a REAL wax. You want a pure caranuba. A pure carauba or a cleaner caranuba will never build up. With a wet hand pad or a yellow orbital pad, slam a ultra thin coat of caranuba wax each week. NXT is for lazy peeps that only want to wax when the weather is good.

dont forget to remove the wax gacks from the jams...will rot your ride quicker than rock salt if left there...

Comment

NXT is a POLY-SILICONE, and sould never be used more than 1 time a month...chck out the pure caranubas for the wax happy.

Comment

Originally posted by bernard78 View Post
                              Over here in M'sia, I notice it will lose the shine bout a few 3-4 days...
                              Wait a minute...how can this be? If the paint is noticably duller in 3-4 days, there's something else going on.

Doesn't wax "protect" the shine. NXT won't create much of a shine on dull paint.

Comment

Originally posted by limowill View Post
                                ugh....NXT is a poly silicone... unless U are using whitewall cleaner to wash your car...not a good idea to use every week. That "silky" feeling you want to keep comes from a REAL wax. You want a pure caranuba. A pure carauba or a cleaner caranuba will never build up. With a wet hand pad or a yellow orbital pad, slam a ultra thin coat of caranuba wax each week. NXT is for lazy peeps that only want to wax when the weather is good.

dont forget to remove the wax gacks from the jams...will rot your ride quicker than rock salt if left there...
                                Originally posted by limowill View Post
                                NXT is a POLY-SILICONE, and sould never be used more than 1 time a month...chck out the pure caranubas for the wax happy.

HUH!?!? I have lots of questions but not sure where to start!
                                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');