• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does NXT have fillers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the only concern I would have, is if in the polishing step, the swirls were being filled instead on removed. I also think that is where the Filler/No Filler stuff comes from.

Mike's first answer is simple enough. If a product is designed to protect then it has to stay on the paint. Therefore it in itself is a filler. Is that a bad thing?

They can put apple juice in it if it makes my car look good, because that's the goal.
    Are you saying Meguiar's uses apple juice? I hate apple juice.

I agee, as long as the end result is satisfactory to my customers (and me) then I am not as concerned with what is in it.
    Last edited by inthedetails; Jul 8, 2006, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Did not mean to cause a ruckus. Just out of curiousity I read the MSDS not just on 21, on other products as well.
      I then looked up the ingredients. I like to learn things.
      BTW the 82 I ordered shows up today!!!
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

I think we are getting a little bit over technical in this thread.

I do not claim to know a lot, but here is what I do know:

All paint protectants wheater that be wax, sealants, polyerms, acrylics, or something else (probably not applesauce or apple juice) leaves something behind as Mike Mentioned. This something is a protective layer that helps protect the paint; hence, we wax to leave behind a protective layer.

Fine scratches and swirls are small defects in the clearcoat or basecoat of paint. Basically, the light does not relflect as well and you see cobwebs, swirls, rings around the sun... Basically, you see the light is improperly reflected off in a million directions and it just looks bad. It looks like your car has billions of tiny scratches all over it.

That being said, any wax, polish, or other material we apply to the paint is somewhat going to get into these defects and fill them up or possibly abrade them away in the case of dimminishing abrasives like Speed Glaze.

In an effort not to go too deep in this question, Nxt Tex wax will go into cracks, swirls, and scratches. Once it is within them, they are less noticable becuase the light reflects back with less diffusion. Essentially, the properties of Nxt Tech Wax make it more like your car's clear coat than the Air around your car, so when it gets into the fine scratches, they appear to partially disappear. Nxt Tech is not going to be exactly like your car's clear coat, but it will be closer than air; therefore, your paint will look better and be prtected.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');