• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch Removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch Removal.

I've done a search on scratch removal and read alot of comments on the likelyhood of Scratch X helping me remove a hairline scratch on my car. One person said that if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, you wont be able to remove the scratch at all? Is this true? I can feel the scratch with my fingernail, but its pretty hard to see from further than 2 feet away, and only under the proper lighting and right angle. Am I out of luck, or is it still possible to remove this scratch. Well, I'm still going to give it a try, but I figured I'd ask to find out whether its going to be fixable or not.

Thanks

Even if you cannot fully remove the scratch, you can still improve the look of it and make it less noticable with ScratchX.

Just remember, ScratchX needs to be "worked into" the area around the scratch. It's not a "Wipe on, wipe off" - put some passion into it, and you'll see some results.
    Last edited by TSR6; Jun 16, 2006, 08:01 AM.
    Troy - TSR6

Comment

Could you define, passion a bit better? Does that mean press as hard as you can for 2 minites or so?
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/stepinfetch

Comment

If you can feel the scratch you will never remove it. But you can 'hide' it a bit. I wouldnt say put all your muscle into it, but you will have to give it some presure. I usually follow with a coat of wax on the scratch to help hide the appearace.
        2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

My experience with ScratchX is the more pressure the better! I scrub the he** out of the area for maybe thirty seconds. Then I wipe the area clean with a clean cloth. If the scratch is still visible, I repeat. Sometimes 4-5 cycles are needed to get the desired effect. I finally follow up with some wax in the area, usually Gold Class . . . .

Comment

Well, I had a go with the Scratch X (about 5-6 applications) and it seemed to help. It got rid of the scratch on the side panel that was barely visible, now it gone. The deeper one on the trunk lid is still visible, but 75% better than before. Next time I wash the car (this coming weekend) I'll check the scratch again, and decide whether or not to apply abit more. I quit after the 5th application because my arm felt like it was going to fall off and I still needed to wax the car and detail the interior. The scratch is really only visible when the car is freshly washed, since any dust covers up the scratch quickly.

One quick question, do bugs like Meguiar's waxes (gold class)? I have an old car I'm getting ready to donate to a charity, and I haven't waxed that in ages. For the past couple of days I've noticed that alot of small bugs seem to sit on the surface of my new car, but the same isn't true of my old car. There are almost 4-5 times the amount of bugs sitting and flying around my new, freshly waxed car than my old, unwaxed car. Was just curious if this was common or just a coincidence.

Thanks.

Comment

It seems bugs always like freshly waxed cars - I thought it was just my color ( Solar Yellow ) - but i have read a lot of people say the same thing on here. I have had it happen with other waxes other than Meguiars before too.

Glad the scratch came out, and the other one improved.
              Troy - TSR6

Comment

I have a few theories on the bug to clean car phonemena:

1) After washing the car, etc., the surface of the vehicle will be cooler than the ambient air, attracting bugs that want to rest.

2) After waxing the car, etc., the bugs are attracted to the mirror finish.

3) If you were a bug, and wanted to land on a car, wouldn't you want to land on a clean car and not a dirty car?

Comment

Re: Scratch Removal.

Originally posted by TSR6 View Post
                  It seems bugs always like freshly waxed cars - I thought it was just my color ( Solar Yellow ) - but i have read a lot of people say the same thing on here. I have had it happen with other waxes other than Meguiars before too.

Glad the scratch came out, and the other one improved.
                  Troy,

I have some very bad news for you; it's not the products you're using it's the color of your car. I have a Millennium Yellow Corvette and all the dman bugs think it's a flower or their mother!
                  BobbyG

Comment

Re: Scratch Removal.

Originally posted by BobbyG View Post
                    Troy,

I have some very bad news for you; it's not the products you're using it's the color of your car. I have a Millennium Yellow Corvette and all the dman bugs think it's a flower or their mother!
                    +1

I had a Cavalier that was almost the same exact color as BobbyG's 'vette and the bugs loved it as well
                    Don
                    12/27/2015
                    "Darth Camaro"
                    2013 Camaro ... triple black
                    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');