• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dash and trim foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash and trim foam

Hey guys,

I went "shopping" today, and I saw this in the shop. It's called dash and trim foam.

Anyone had any experience with it? What do you use to apply it and remove it and does it last long?

I'm still in desperate search for the aloe leather cleaner/conditioner....one can hope!

I did manage to buy DC1,DC2, some more mircofibres and the blue painters tape (which is WAY better than ordinary masking tape!!!)
    BMW E90 320d.
    Newbie Detailer - South Africa

I found it easier to spray some onto a High Tech Applicator, and then work it into the dash. I let it set for about 5 minutes, and wiped it with a MF towel. It was too much gloss for my taste. SO i use the Quick Interior Detailer instead. To each his own!

Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

I like this product. I found that using the slide lock brush with this product is awesome. I put a nickel size amount of foam on the end of the brush and apply it to the nooks and crannys of the dash and panels. It works great. I also use a hi-tech applicator for the larger areas. You can control the gloss by wiping it down with a towel. It has no splatter at all. The brush will give you very accurate control for around radios, windows, and clusters and works great for in cracks, vents, speaker grills, and weatherstrips.
      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

I've used it a lot recently. I get good results praying it on a MF and then wiping it on the dash/surface. It's not too glossy for my taste.
        2007 Accord EX-L Coupe
        Nighthawk Black Pearl

Comment

Re: Dash and trim foam

so this product can be used both exterior and interior of a car right? meaning the engine bay too??

thx
          Ganesa,
          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

I dont think you will ever find the 2-step leather products in a store.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

This product brings back a few memories. I could have swore my uncle used this to dress the interior of his white work van. I remember him using a microfiber to apply the product. I was like thirteen or fourteen years old when i remember him showing me how he gets the dash so shiny.

What store did you find this at? I never could find it locally
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I like the Foam Products. For Dash/Trim I would recommend Supreme Shine Though
                Matt

Comment

I absolutely love this product. I spray on the surface, and wipe with a mf pad. I like the gloss.
                  -Freeman

Comment

would you recommend the dash n trim foam or the Quik interior detailer or the Supreme Shine Protectant for the interior?
                    is the dash n trim foam able to be used in the engine compartment??
                    Ganesa,
                    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

I do not know if it is recomended for under the engine... Obviously you do not want to spay an aerosol on a hot engine, but from a cloth, wiped on the plastic, I would not really see a problem. It isnt an exterior product though, so probably not the most durable.

I do know that the Gold Class Trim Detailer is recomended for engines.

As far as the interior, I like shine, so I would go with the Supreme Shine, and then light dustings every so often in between with QID.

If you dont like shine, the new Natural Shine would be good.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
                        would you recommend the dash n trim foam or the Quik interior detailer or the Supreme Shine Protectant for the interior?
                        is the dash n trim foam able to be used in the engine compartment??
                        I'm not a big fan of QID, and I've never tried SSP. I don't believe this product is intended for the engine compartment. However, I have used it on leather, and I like it.
                        -Freeman

Comment

thanks for the replies, just makes me more confused on what to buy for an interior.. meguiars offer so much for consumers that I want to try all of them... i guess it all depends on personal preference then...

thanks again :]...
                          Ganesa,
                          Toyota Vios '05

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');