• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lubricity of Soaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubricity of Soaps

So, I am using the Shampoo Plus at the moment, and it seems to work quite nicely. I picked it out since its properties seemed closest to Gold Class.

However, the new Super Soap says it has speacial lubricating properties, so I am wondering if Shampoo Plus is still the best lubricating?

Incidently, I use it in a foam gun, so making sure of the exact dilution is a bit tricky. That is why I want to make sure of having the best lubricating soap, just in case it goes a little over diluted.

I have also considered Hyper-Wash, since it would be harder to over-dilute that. But then I am not sure if it is better to put extra soap on the car, or just have the most lubricating soap?

I guess I am having a tough time choosing my next refill, either Shampoo Plus, Super Soap, or Hyper Wash.

Thanks in advance as always..
    Last edited by Murr1525; Jun 6, 2006, 08:31 PM.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Anybody? Or maybe they are all getting to be real close these days....

Comment

Sorry about not replying to your question earlier, I saw it but for whatever reason didn't get to it. Let me do some checking to see what I can find out.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

No problem.. just didnt want it to get swamped over by random phone advertisements..

Comment

Can't tell you about the lubricity aspect, but I tried using Super Soap for the first time last weekend and (so far anyway) like it better than GC or NXT that I've tried before. It seems to dissolve easier, produces tons of suds, and rinses cleaner without leaving any residue.

Mort

Comment

Thanks. A few people have said it cleans quite well, sounds like a pretty promising product.

Comment

If you are looking for lubricity, consider the #00 Hi Tech Car Wash. It does a good job of cleaning. It doesn't make a lot of suds but suds are not so important for me.

I just bought another bottle of NXT Car Wash and the next week it goes on sale for $2.00 off and sells out! Just figures.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I HATED shampoo plus, in fact I returned a gallon that was 95% full. If you want a good shampoo, I'd suggest #62. It is by far the BEST traditional car wash shampoo I've ever used. The lubricity is so high, that it feels like you're washing the car down with oil. It's unreal how slippery it is. And, it's only pennies more per wash than the other shampoos.
                I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Hmm.. the Shampoo Plus hasnt struck me as that bad...

gbackus
                  How much suds do you get from the #62? That might be handy with a foam gun. I thought Nxt is one of the best cleaning soaps, #62 seems pretty close?

RamAirV1
                  It is true the #00 is probably pretty slick.. it is used for claying/wet sanding. But if I under-dilute a little just to be safe, I might go through a fortune of the stuff.

Comment

I always had streaking and soap "ghosting" when using shampoo plus. Using the #62 eliminated this problem.

#62 also suds very well.
                    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Im in the same position; deciding for a shampoo refill. I think it would be helpful if Meguiars published a comparison chart explaining the different properties of their shampoos. Is there one around? If not? what is the "general" consensus.

Im totally confused with the advantages/disadvantages and of the different products

1.- Hyper wash
                      2.- Shampoo plus
                      3.- NXT Generation Car Wash
                      4.- Gold Class Car Wash
                      5.- Meguiars #62 Car Wash Shampoo
                      6.- #00 Car wash?

Where to start?

Comment

The most important task when washing a vehicle is to make sure you are not swrling up your paint...that's why lubricity of shampoos is VERY important. I like both #62 and #00, voted for 62. #62 has a pine smell, #00 is odorless...Lubricity in these shampoos is the best Meguiar's offers... - and very soft suds...

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged
                          The most important task when washing a vehicle is to make sure you are not swrling up your paint...that's why lubricity of shampoos is VERY important. I like both #62 and #00, voted for 62. #62 has a pine smell, #00 is odorless...Lubricity in these shampoos is the best Meguiar's offers... - and very soft suds...
                          Hi Supercharged. I totally agree.. Lubricity is key... I use a 2 stage method, where I first "drown" the car in suds, and let these take with them all the dirt they can... just gravity. Then I rinse. Then I mix my bucket of shampoo and wash it with a mitt (very very softly) then I rinse. Then I spray with quick detailer (while wet to break the water droplets and give even more lurication) then dry.

But my question remains, eventhough I do appreciate your feedback re. #62, is where do the other shampoos fall, especially the ones you buy in bulk, since they seem to provide better value (ml per buck)

Comment

Well, out of what I have used, Gold Class and Shampoo Plus seem pretty similar, fairly gentle, though Gold Class may leave a slightly nicer finish.

Nxt seems to be one of the best cleaning, and helps a little with hard water.

People are saying good things about shampoo plus, esp as far s how easily the car rinses free of suds after washing.

I think I am in a toss up between overdiluting with HyperWash and trying to stay at a good dilution with #62.

Comment

Here's another vote for #62, my favorite Meguiar's shampoo primarily because of its lubricity. IMO shampoo isn't a good place to pinch pennies as IMO#2 most marring happens during the wash.
                              Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');